Is there a dock in particular the Coral uses in Juneau?

In Juneau, does Princess usually/always dock at a certain dock (A, B, C, D, or E?) or is there one dock in particular the Coral uses?

I know there is a website that lists all ships in ports on certain days. Is there one that lists where the ships will dock?

TIA!

Yes. In the center of town. Along with the other cruise ship in that day. Why is that important to you?

Enjoy your cruise.

In Juneau, does Princess usually/always dock at a certain dock (A, B, C, D, or E?) or is there one dock in particular the Coral uses?

I know there is a website that lists all ships in ports on certain days. Is there one that lists where the ships will dock?

TIA!

The Coral docks at the Franklin Street dock. It's "B" on this map https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=DqpiEgDz&id=3F7A14AA63246F8EFF5B45C1B5432AFF467F9810&thid=OIP.DqpiEgDzP-QQ-BoVvflLrwHaE-&mediaurl=http%3a%2f%2fwww.pacificcatalyst.com%2fwp-content%2fuploads%2f2014%2f10%2fMap-of-Juneau.jpg&exph=1935&expw=2880&q=berths+map+in+juneau&simid=608038951968047959&selectedIndex=2&qpvt=berths+map+in+juneau&ajaxhist=0

Yes. In the center of town. Along with the other cruise ship in that day. Why is that important to you?

Enjoy your cruise.

It is important because not all of the ships dock "in the center of town". One dock is about 1 mile away, which is walkable for many, but requires a shuttle for those less able. Some ships (but usually not Princess) don't dock and have to tender. Knowing where you dock in Juneau DOES matter. Why be snarky about it?

It is important because not all of the ships dock "in the center of town". One dock is about 1 mile away, which is walkable for many, but requires a shuttle for those less able. Some ships (but usually not Princess) don't dock and have to tender. Knowing where you dock in Juneau DOES matter. Why be snarky about it?

Thank you, Sherryf. That's exactly why I was asking. I needed to know how close we might be to the Juneau car rental.

(And thank you for saying what I had immediately thought as well!)

It’s important to know why because some of you people have mobility issues, health issues, and can’t or don’t want to walk into the center of town especially if it’s raining. Or if the ship is tendered.

God has a plan for you.

There is a local car rental company in Juneau that rents full size or SUV for $37.00 per day including unlimited mileage and CDW.

We've used them on our last couple of Alaska cruises. Very reliable outfit..

Good luck.

King

Edited by Kingofcool1947

If one Princess ship is in Juneau they will dock at South Franklin Street. In the past if second Princess ship was in port it typically docked at the AJ Dock (A) but for 2018 it appears that a second ship is often, but not always, docking at the Alaska Steam Dock (E).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by IECalCruiser

We were last in Alaska four years ago aboard the Star Princess (RT from SF) and docked near the Mt. Roberts tram, which was handy for using it. Sorry that I don't remember the dock number. On our prior visits we had docked further north and "doing" Mt. Roberts involved going on an excursion or a long walk to the tram. Really enjoyed walking around up there--one could be on eye-level with eagles perched on trees further downslope! This was in mid-May and there were still patches of snow up there, which added to the experience. In the morning I went on a private excursion (purchased at nearby shopping area) out to Mendenhall Glacier. Enjoy!

Thank you, Sherryf. That's exactly why I was asking. I needed to know how close we might be to the Juneau car rental.

(And thank you for saying what I had immediately thought as well!)

Is this a rental company on Industrial BLVD?