Grand Turk and Amber Cove

Cruisinmsk

Are both of these (beach at GT and pool area at AC) only for cruise guests? I guess Im asking if they are within the port area or can anyone (tourist, local, etc) go there too? If only for cruise guests, are they beyond where you would go through the port official station (or whatever the verbiage is) if coming in from the city?

No idea how a guest would get to GT.
Just a shot in the dark' date=' but I'd guess.....the airport. :confused:

Are both of these (beach at GT and pool area at AC) only for cruise guests? I guess Im asking if they are within the port area or can anyone (tourist, local, etc) go there too? If only for cruise guests, are they beyond where you would go through the port official station (or whatever the verbiage is) if coming in from the city?
Grand Turk is not a private island, so if you can get there, you're free to roam about the island. It is to my understanding that the pool/bar area at Amber Cove is only open to the cruise passengers.

Yes, pool area at Amber Cove is for cruise guests only. Port is not restricted to Carnival ships, but once you go outside the port security, you would have to show your Cruise S&S card to get back in. So no locals can get into the port area, unless they work there (local shops).

When I was at GT in August, there was a young mother there with her three very young children. She said that she lives on the island and brings her kids to the Margaritaville pool whenever there are ships in port, for the kids “to socialize”. She had a cooler with food and drinks in it as well as bags with towels and (bath) pool toys for the kids, so I do believe that she was actually a resident of the island as opposed to one of the ship passengers.