cabin

stapeler

we have booked a cruise on azura and have just received our cabin number we booked a select midship outside cabin they could not give us a cabin no as they were over booked but we were told we would be getting the same as we paid for we have now been given an obstructed balcony on the very front of the ship is there anything we can do really upset

It sounds to me like you've been upgraded. You booked a gtee select cabin with window midship but have been given a balcony forward. Not sure what obstructed means unless it doesn't have a glass panel. If you don't want a balcony I'm sure someone else would.

Speak to whoever you booked with and ask them to sort it.

we booked a select midship outside and have been given a balcony obstructed by a pillar on the very first cabin on the front I to would be excited to have a balcony upgrade if it was not obstructed and the very first cabin with all the noise don't call that an upgrade just really wanted to know if there was anything I am unable to do about it that's why I paid for midship no obstruction outside

we booked a select midship outside and have been given a balcony obstructed by a pillar on the very first cabin on the front I to would be excited to have a balcony upgrade if it was not obstructed and the very first cabin with all the noise don't call that an upgrade just really wanted to know if there was anything I am unable to do about it that's why I paid for midship no obstruction outside

Did you tell your travel agent or P and O that you didn't want an upgrade? I am sure your cabin will be fabulous. What is the cabin number?

I just did not think there were any balconies on azura with restricted views I have looked at the cabin and its the very first cabin at the front of the ship and it says obstructed with a pillar I thought an upgrade would not been obstructed that's why I did not opt out for an upgrade so I guess they can call it an upgrade and I have ended up with the obstruction and nothing I can probably do about it

I just did not think there were any balconies on azura with restricted views I have looked at the cabin and its the very first cabin at the front of the ship and it says obstructed with a pillar I thought an upgrade would not been obstructed that's why I did not opt out for an upgrade so I guess they can call it an upgrade and I have ended up with the obstruction and nothing I can probably do about it

Have you looked at photographs of it on the P and O website? If not here is the link to all obstructed cabins

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/fleet/Azura_obs

Edited by netchells
Mistake

Hi...what is the actual deck & cabin number. You have been upgraded from a midship outside to an obstructed balcony. Balcony obstructed by a pillar....wow....I would be " kissing the ground" over my luck. Not sure what you mean by "all the noise" but if we have your cabin number then we may have a better idea

I'm taking a wild guess but presume it's either E101 or E102 as they are the same deck as the outside cabins. The noise I presume would come from the Theatre below. For info a few cabins at the aft have pillars and they are popular, our daughter loved hers.

we have booked a cruise on azura and have just received our cabin number we booked a select midship outside cabin they could not give us a cabin no as they were over booked but we were told we would be getting the same as we paid for we have now been given an obstructed balcony on the very front of the ship is there anything we can do really upset

Clearly you are not happy with the cabin allocated so I would call P&O and see what they can do for you. I would keep it polite and highlight the two concerns you most likely have (forward location of cabin and the obstructed view). I would keep it polite and look to explore options as they can only accommodate from what they have available.

Sometimes, even with best effort you get stuck with a cabin you are not happy with. Then it is a case of lesson learnt and avoid booking guarantee cabins in the future. However I would like to think that P&O will help resolve the problem wherever possible. If a phone call doesn't work then you can always try emailing them as a follow-up strategy.

I would keep it polite and highlight the two concerns you most likely have (forward location of cabin and the obstructed view). I would keep it polite and look to explore

Sorry about the unintended repetition. Didn't proof read and now it is not allowing me to edit.

Note to moderator : feel free to delete my previous post.

The first Obstructed Balcony on Britannia is identical to Royal/Regal Princess on "E" Deck, i.e. Britannia "G" deck is the same as "E" deck on the latter vessels. If you click on the link below and scroll down to E101 you can see the view you will get. The vertical black bar is the patio doors, door frame. You slide one half across and walk through to sit out on your balcony. You can see the sea and if you stand at the rail, the life boats. With the outside cabin you just get a window and can look through it. No possibility of fresh air or sitting outside with that.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Regards John

Edited by john watson

Hi...the OP is on the Azura so not sure if the post regarding Britannia is applicable ...in fact not entirely sure that the cabin allocated is E101 ....I have asked the OP to give us the cabin number unless I have missed the post stating that is the cabin

Hi...the OP is on the Azura so not sure if the post regarding Britannia is applicable ...in fact not entirely sure that the cabin allocated is E101 ....I have asked the OP to give us the cabin number unless I have missed the post stating that is the cabin

Oh yes janny you are correct, I have got it all about face. The obstructed balcony cabins on Azura I believe are simply metal fronted, similar to Oceana cut outs but not as restricted as they simply have a metal front. You can still sit out in the fresh air and therefore a meaningful upgrade.

Regards John

The first Obstructed Balcony on Britannia is identical to Royal/Regal Princess on "E" Deck, i.e. Britannia "G" deck is the same as "E" deck on the latter vessels. If you click on the link below and scroll down to E101 you can see the view you will get. The vertical black bar is the patio doors, door frame. You slide one half across and walk through to sit out on your balcony. You can see the sea and if you stand at the rail, the life boats. With the outside cabin you just get a window and can look through it. No possibility of fresh air or sitting outside with that.

https://sites.google.com/site/royalregalprincess/home/8-emerald

Regards John

The cabin being discussed is on Azura not Britannia :)