Tell me about Carnival Elation

sandi1967

Hi all,

We just booked this cruise with our friends for next June. Have not been on this ship. Can you tell me any things that you liked, didn't like......places to eat.....

Thank you!

Sandi

We sailed on the Elation in 2014, and I think it's been updated since. In addition to the 2 main dining rooms, you should have Guy's Burgers and Blue Iguana Cantina outside on the Lido Deck, and the Buffet, Deli, and Pizza inside on the same deck. We enjoy eating, driking and spending time in the small outdoor sections aft of the buffet, you can look out over the wake, there is a bar just inside, and it's not usually too crazy. We love the Fantasy class ships, although I know many don't. The Promenade (Deck 9) is a great place to people watch and lots of the activities will happen there. You can't go all the way through on 8 because the Galley is on that deck, but otherwise they are easy ships to navigate.

Sailed on her three times 2014, 2015, 2016...before the dry dock. Didn't have Guy's Burgers or Blue Iguana then. Should have them now. The serenity area is aft of the comedy club. Go through the comedy club and exit the door on the side of the stage to get there. Comedy Club is my second favorite setup after the Dream class. Night club is my favorite of all the ships I've been on. Smaller. Dance floor is on the same level as the rest of the club and the bar is just a couple steps away from the dance floor. Unless they've changed it there was a bar in the back of the buffet that was a nice place to sit and look out at the ocean.

I believe jamman did an excellent review of the Elation. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks for the plug! :D The review with plenty of pics is in my signature. Going back on the Elation in August.

I was on the first sailing out of the 2017 drydock; here is a link to pictures I took. As you'll see, some of the ship was still a work-in-progress.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNExYZcKPh6R3YLgxqCSOpWEzmlS2DMdoZ213tEsJjjuYRayj835KALgNrbJG-FzQ?key=OXdWYVpwNGdjSnl6cElMWDNNMllUWnM2TVZPWmJ3

Nice pics. Huge improvements to the staterooms!

I cruised on Elation multiple times. The photos already posted are phenomenal. I can say the staff on Elation when I cruised were also phenomenal. They would remember me and my preferences from one cruise to the next--months later. I love Carnival's Fantasy class ships. They are smaller and easy to navigate. You'll enjoy Elation!

I was on the first sailing out of the 2017 drydock; here is a link to pictures I took. As you'll see, some of the ship was still a work-in-progress.

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNExYZcKPh6R3YLgxqCSOpWEzmlS2DMdoZ213tEsJjjuYRayj835KALgNrbJG-FzQ?key=OXdWYVpwNGdjSnl6cElMWDNNMllUWnM2TVZPWmJ3

Great photos!! We sailed on the Elation a few years ago and will be sailing on her again this Christmas. Seems she’s had an extreme makeover. The ship looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

She is an old clunker, but I like the old clunkers . Not as crowded with people ,larger comedy clubs . But there's just so much more to do on the larger class ships.