Loop Monitor

There is a possibility that I will be getting a Cardiac loop monitor. I will be on the Breeze for 14 days. There is always such good info here, I wonder if anyone has had any experiences with this. I know that I will have to get the WIFI . Thanks

Let's assume the WiFi on the Breeze works really well and transmits all your heart data to your cardiologist. What if something is amiss and your cardiologist needs to get in touch with you? What if something is wrong and you need medical attention quickly? Hopefully nothing happens and you have a great cruise, but you will be a long way from home and your doctor and first-class medical care. Just food for thought..............

I would check with your cardiologist. I have an implanted defibrillator with a device next to my bed that monitors my heart during the night. When we went on a cruise, I ask about taking the monitor on a cruise. They told me not to worry because if something were to happen with my heart, I would know it before the monitor would register back with them.

Your best bet would be to see what the cardiologist has to say.

My daughter works in the cardiac field and she says you should be fine unless there are some major underlying health issues you’re dealing with. The monitor records everything to it’s own unit that is then downloaded to another device at the doctors office. The only worry would be if you’re having some major issues with your heart and something might happen while on the cruise. But many people get these because of minor issues that aren’t a serious problem. If your doctor has given you the go ahead then you should be fine. Just be sure discussed it with him before leaving.

OP, this is really a matter you should discuss (in detail) with your physician.

Thanks for your input. of course I've discussed this with my cardiologist, I was just asking if anyone had any experiences with this type of implant on a ship, nothing else.

My daughter works in the cardiac field and she says you should be fine unless there are some major underlying health issues you’re dealing with. The monitor records everything to it’s own unit that is then downloaded to another device at the doctors office. The only worry would be if you’re having some major issues with your heart and something might happen while on the cruise. But many people get these because of minor issues that aren’t a serious problem. If your doctor has given you the go ahead then you should be fine. Just be sure discussed it with him before leaving.

Thanks so much. I was just trying to see if anyone had any experiences, my doctor said I would be fine.

There is a possibility that I will be getting a Cardiac loop monitor. I will be on the Breeze for 14 days. There is always such good info here, I wonder if anyone has had any experiences with this. I know that I will have to get the WIFI . Thanks

I doubt the WiFi would be any use unless there is a way to configure the device to go through the shipboard login as needed.

Or does the monitor use the cellular network? In which case does international data roaming need to be enabled for the device account?

I doubt the WiFi would be any use unless there is a way to configure the device to go through the shipboard login as needed.

Or does the monitor use the cellular network? In which case does international data roaming need to be enabled for the device account?

Actually it has built in wireless technology to connect it to global satellite and says it has no cost for data transmission. It's a Reveal LINQ ICM system. My cardiologist and I have a few more test to do and then we will make an informed decision as to whether this is something beneficial for me. I was just trying to see if anyone had an experience with such a device on a cruise. Thank you

Actually it has built in wireless technology to connect it to global satellite and says it has no cost for data transmission. It's a Reveal LINQ ICM system. My cardiologist and I have a few more test to do and then we will make an informed decision as to whether this is something beneficial for me. I was just trying to see if anyone had an experience with such a device on a cruise. Thank you

According to the setup guide LINQ ICM simply needs to be near the MyCareLink Monitor when appropriate. The monitor uses the cellular network for communications. So you will not need WiFi for the device. But you should make sure that you have cellular service in cabin.

Good luck with it. Should you cruise with the device, perhaps you could update the thread when you return.

I had a loop recorder but I never cruised with it. I have a pacemaker now so no more metal detectors for me. This was all the manual said about traveling with a loop recorder:

Q What do I do when I travel?

A Take the MyCareLink Monitor with you—just remember toplace it close to where you’ll sleep, in a location that receivesan adequate cellular signal. You won’t have to worry aboutroaming fees but, if changing time zones, you may want tocontact your clinic to see if any changes should be made toyour monitoring schedule before you leave.

It wouldn't hurt to Carnival and ask them.

my husband has one and he was fine on cruise

you would still have to buy the top shelf wifi package just dedicated to your device

No. All of Carnival's internet packages use captive portal proxies that appliances can't negotiate. Really, man, you need to stop giving advice on the Wi-Fi packages and setups - last week you tried to convince someone that the social package wouldn't get them Facebook access except messenger. Please stop.

If I have to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand.

Oh FFS, it's both. Your cellular phone is not a satellite phone and doesn't connect to a satellite. It connects to a cell tower ON THE SHIP. That's the only protocol your phone knows.

The tower connects to the rest of the world via satellite. But your phone neither knows nor cares how the cell tower uplinks to the world.

To your phone, though, it's just another cell tower.

Oh FFS, it's both. Your cellular phone is not a satellite phone and doesn't connect to a satellite. It connects to a cell tower ON THE SHIP. That's the only protocol your phone knows.

The tower connects to the rest of the world via satellite. But your phone neither knows nor cares how the cell tower uplinks to the world.

To your phone, though, it's just another cell tower.

FFS, a cell tower at sea? Where are they hiding it? In the funnel? :D:D:D

I didn't think you knew.

Well you thought wrong.

I know exactly where it is. And if you wander up to the top deck, forward, where all the antennas are and look for the one that says "Wireless Maritime Services", you would too.