Gem to Canada/New England

444cruiser

So glad you liked the ports. Any specific tips or suggestions you have to offer?

Specific tips/suggestions on the GEM:

For breakfast, La Cucina is open for more table and seating. So, it is not so crowded and do not need to look so hard for a table at Garden Cafe. The Great Outdoors is a great place to be at. You can also seat there for breakfast. From La Cucina, a quick walk to the Great Outdoors to get some breakfast items and juices.

Bridge viewing room - It is on Deck 11, forward if you are interested. No camera allowed, but it is cool to take a look.

Bridge viewing room - It is on Deck 11, forward if you are interested. No camera allowed, but it is cool to take a look.

I'm looking forward to the bridge viewing room. I was on the Epic, which also has one, but I never got there.

A couple of years ago we had a great time on that cruise on the Gem. There was a musician trio that had a female violinist as the lead, and they played Celtic music (along with great little musical history tips). They said they were on that cruise every year during summer. If you see them on the dailies don't miss their performances.

• 2 months later...
A couple of years ago we had a great time on that cruise on the Gem. There was a musician trio that had a female violinist as the lead, and they played Celtic music (along with great little musical history tips). They said they were on that cruise every year during summer. If you see them on the dailies don't miss their performances.

Cynthia Macleod Trio, she was from Prince Edward Island (PEI) fun to listen to and watch! And it was a fiddle, not a violin! I true violinist would be insulted if you mixed the two! Lol. Just teasing.

I have a question about the Saturday September 8, 2018 4pm departure from New York..... at least I think it was the Gem

We were flying from Charlotte to LaGuardia Saturday morning and the flight was delayed and then delayed more as we sat on the tarmac and the pilot explained they needed a part replaced and then explained that the part arrived but not the required seal to install it. Meanwhile, SIXTEEN passengers on that flight were trying to make their NCL cruise ship departing at 4pm and they were kind of freaking out, calling NCL to see if the ship would wait for them and if their pre-paid airport to ship transfer would still be available. It didn't look good and we couldn't help but overhear conversations with NCL customer service. We eventually took off (maybe 3 hours late?) but we were on the ground at Laguardia at 2:30 pm so at that point I liked their chances of making the 4pm departure. They actually got word from NCL that the ship's departure would be held up for them. So I was just wondering if everyone made the ship and are enjoying the cruise. My wife and I spent the weekend in NYC and had nothing planned until dinner Saturday so the late fight didn't stress us at all.