Ready to book on Seaside YC - Room Question

jules815

I'm on a website looking at current availability on Seaside. I'd love to book this today. :) It's for the January 12 sailing, Western Caribbean itinerary.

Looking at either 18009 or 18010. Besides these rooms being on different sides of the boat, is there any difference in room layout? There are still several rooms available more mid-ship on deck 17, but we actually prefer higher and forward locations.

You mean 16, right? There's no Deck 17.

I chose Deck 16 so that we'd have a deck of cabins, not public areas above us.

Yes, I mean 18. I guess I need to look at what's on 19. Is that the YC pool/bar area?

I believe it's superstition. Comparable to our number 13. Bad luck for Italians.

Interesting!

Well I booked! I'm very excited. This is the first time I've booked a ship without knowing much about it in advance. I don't even know about their specialty restaurants. This is going to be fun to try something completely new. :)

What cabin did you book? When we cruised on Seaside in February we were in cabin 18036. Absolutely gorgeous cabin (soooooo loved the shower - never experienced anything like it in on any other cruise). Loved our cabin steward (now I think the cabin stewards have a different title) Anna Lisa!!!! However, because of the pool deck being above us we were woken up about 7:00am each morning with the moving of chairs, etc. It lasted about an hour. Didn't ruin our cruise by any means, but I would avoid deck 18 if I possibly could. I do believe some cabins on deck 18 did not hear any noise at all. Guess it just depends on where the chairs are, etc.....:cool: Did you get your BLACK status?

Interesting!

Well I booked! I'm very excited. This is the first time I've booked a ship without knowing much about it in advance. I don't even know about their specialty restaurants. This is going to be fun to try something completely new. :)

Personally, I would choose a stateroom aft of the "bump out" for the better view forward and aft.

I plan on booking a large group of family (16ish) and I prefer those aft of 18029/18024 if booking deck 18 or aft of the Royal Suites on 16.

My preference is deck 16, however.

What cabin did you book? When we cruised on Seaside in February we were in cabin 18036. Absolutely gorgeous cabin (soooooo loved the shower - never experienced anything like it in on any other cruise). Loved our cabin steward (now I think the cabin stewards have a different title) Anna Lisa!!!! However, because of the pool deck being above us we were woken up about 7:00am each morning with the moving of chairs, etc. It lasted about an hour. Didn't ruin our cruise by any means, but I would avoid deck 18 if I possibly could. I do believe some cabins on deck 18 did not hear any noise at all. Guess it just depends on where the chairs are, etc.....:cool: Did you get your BLACK status?

18009. Looks like we have cabanas over us. We like being high up and forward, so we're willing to take the risk. We're up early anyway. I'm so excited!

Trying to sign up for their Voyager's Club, but that website is acting weird right now. I even tried switching browsers. I might just call.

Is Seaside one of their newer ships? I know nothing about MSC. I have some homework to do! :)

What were some of your favorite things about the ship? Food in YC restaurant good? Is it like Celebrity where the YC restaurant is your MDR? Favorite specialty restaurants? I don't even know what they have. LOL.

Yes, the Yacht Club Restaurant is your MDR, It is located right above the Yacht Club lounge, and can be accessed by stairs fromt eh lounge or from the restaurant level. It serves Breakfast lunch and dinner. The Grill out by the pool also serves breakfast and lunch. The Lounge serves various items throughout the day, usually finger foods and desserts. While you can still go to any of the specialty Restaurants, it may not be necessary. However, they do frown on you going to the regular dining rooms. We have never had any problem ordering items from the MDR restaurant from the Yacht Club restaurant.

You are in for a treat!

Don't go by the MSC Deck plan for Deck 19. It shows a whole line of cabanas, and there are really only about10 to 12, and most of those, if not all will be aft of 18009. You will hear the sound of deck chairs being moved, but it's not too loud or too long. Enjoy your time on board this beautiful ship!

18009. Looks like we have cabanas over us. We like being high up and forward, so we're willing to take the risk. We're up early anyway. I'm so excited!

Trying to sign up for their Voyager's Club, but that website is acting weird right now. I even tried switching browsers. I might just call.

Is Seaside one of their newer ships? I know nothing about MSC. I have some homework to do! :)

What were some of your favorite things about the ship? Food in YC restaurant good? Is it like Celebrity where the YC restaurant is your MDR? Favorite specialty restaurants? I don't even know what they have. LOL.

If you have status from another cruise line loyalty program, they will status match. They told me that they would reprice a booking (from the USA) with the 5% discount once you get your status match.

Hi.....I'm excited for you that you have booked the cruise!!! Yay!! Love looking forward to cruising!!

I don't think you will have much noise if any above you. We were in 18036 and the AUREA deck area by the bar was above us which is why that cabin hears the noise. You should be fine for sure!!

I would call MSC directly. A rep will be able to get you set up. I deal directly with a MSC Rep when we cruise on MSC.

We just started sailing on Celebrity also. Will take our 3rd Celebrity cruise in August. We never had a suite so I can only compare to the MDR which truly we think is above average. The YC restaurant is your main DR. They also have a yummy grill for YC only on deck 19 (by the pool). You can also go to the buffet (we tried it one day for lunch) on deck 16 or 8 (can't remember) It was good too. We liked the food in the YC restaurant. Food is so darn subjective. We weren't wowed by the food but it was good for sure good. I'm reading that everything is getting better even from when we cruised in February from the food and service to Butler service, etc. The gelato is free and delicious. Didn't try one, but they say the chocolate martini at Venchi is amazing.....Will try that next time for sure!! Everything in YC in the fridge is FREE and they will replace things as you use them. You can also ask for specific beer, alcohol, etc., to be stocked in the fridge. One of my favorite things about the ship was the YC lounge where we went to have drinks, snacks, etc before dinner and numerous times throughout the day;);)

Yes, Seaside is a newer MSC ship.......she arrived in Miami December 2017.

It will be fun exploring a new ship.........have a wonderful cruise:cool:

Edited by GRANNYOFSIX

If you have status from another cruise line loyalty program, they will status match. They told me that they would reprice a booking (from the USA) with the 5% discount once you get your status match.

I'll have to do this. It would be nice if they'd knock a little something off the price. :)

Does MSC honor price drops as well? On RC for instance, if the price for your room category drops (before final payment), they will adjust to the new lower price.

Definitely worth it to get a Voyagers number and a 5% discount........are you a teacher (or your husband) or military and I believe fire fighters and police as well? They will give another 5% discount. Yes, if the price goes down before final payment they will honor that new rate. Also in my text above where I talked about food, I meant to say my husband and I think Celebrity's main dining room food is above average in our opinion.

I'll have to do this. It would be nice if they'd knock a little something off the price. :)

Does MSC honor price drops as well? On RC for instance, if the price for your room category drops (before final payment), they will adjust to the new lower price.

I'm on a website looking at current availability on Seaside. I'd love to book this today. :) It's for the January 12 sailing, Western Caribbean itinerary.

Looking at either 18009 or 18010. Besides these rooms being on different sides of the boat, is there any difference in room layout? There are still several rooms available more mid-ship on deck 17, but we actually prefer higher and forward locations.

There is no deck 17.

Did you get your BLACK status?

Haven't gotten it yet, but did the online status match thing. It says it takes 7-10 business days.

If it's true that we get a specialty restaurant dinner, that's a nice perk.