Canned soda?

satchimosmom

2 hours ago, Cruise Junky said:

Because when my husband takes his medication at 5 am anything else will be flat and I don’t expect him to leave the cabin to find an open bar. Nightly ritual on any other line we take is pick up a bottle of water and a pop for the morning. I’m paying almost $1,000 cdn just in drink package gratuities and I can’t get a can of coke. I’m honestly rethinking my entire booking at this point. 

How about a glass of water for the pills? I love my coffee, iced tea and wine, but everyone drinks water, right? And you don’t have to choose the UBP as a perk if it doesn’t work for you. We have actually paid OOP for the UBP before it was a perk, and we don’t even drink soda.

1 hour ago, mjkacmom said:

How about a glass of water for the pills? I love my coffee, iced tea and wine, but everyone drinks water, right? And you don’t have to choose the UBP as a perk if it doesn’t work for you. We have actually paid OOP for the UBP before it was a perk, and we don’t even drink soda.

At the ripe  age of 66, he can drink whatever the hell he wants first thing in the morning.  He doesn't drink coffee.

Edited by Cruise Junky
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

At the ripe  age of 66, he can drink whatever the hell he wants first thing in the morning.  He doesn't drink coffee.

Well, he can easily pay for a can of soda in the minibar or swallow pills with water for free. I like a glass of wine on my balcony, I can get one from the bar myself (or send DH, my preferred method), pay for room service, or pay a corkage fee (which I do). I can’t imagine canceling a cruise over cans of soda.

9 minutes ago, mjkacmom said:

Well, he can easily pay for a can of soda in the minibar or swallow pills with water for free. I like a glass of wine on my balcony, I can get one from the bar myself (or send DH, my preferred method), pay for room service, or pay a corkage fee (which I do). I can’t imagine canceling a cruise over cans of soda.

I wouldn't cancel over a can of soda, it's just one more thing in what's starting to be a very long list that I dislike about NCL.  $1,000 in drink gratuities, $12 extra charge for seafood restaurant, $5 for shrimp, $10 for lobster, Lattes, bottled water, canned soda not included, Room Service charges.  It all quite honestly makes me just want to say forget it and go back to a more inclusive. less nickle and dime line.  This is not a cheap cruise that we've booked.  But right now I'm aggrivated and that's no way to start a vacation.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Cruise Junky said:

It all quite honestly makes me just want to say forget it and go back to a more inclusive. less nickle and dime line.

It all depends on how you look at it. 

Certain things are optional. A guest pays for what they select to pay for.

A "more inclusive" line simply spreads the cost to all guests whether the guest uses those options or not. Another line may include lobster tail in the MDR but someone who doesn't eat lobster is still paying for it (in part). 

• 4 years later...

Not sure when it changed (sometime between January 2023 on the Sun and Jun 2023 on the Jewel, but on the Sun canned pop was included in the drink package at each bar. On the Jewel, it was $3.00 with the same drink package. Of course when they start doing that, you need a water bottle with a cap that holds good pressure, then at lunch or dinner get several glasses (my WB is a 48 oz with an incredible pressure holding cap) of your favorite pop without ice and dump it in to the water bottle. Stick the water bottle in your fridge and you're good to go for the next day for when you're in your room. That was a downside to the Jewel cruise. Got another one coming up on one of the big ships for the Panama Canal full transit late in the year. We'll see what happens there. Love Norwegian, hate that rule. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, El Comandante said:

Not sure when it changed (sometime between January 2023 on the Sun and Jun 2023 on the Jewel, but on the Sun canned pop was included in the drink package at each bar. On the Jewel, it was $3.00 with the same drink package. Of course when they start doing that, you need a water bottle with a cap that holds good pressure, then at lunch or dinner get several glasses (my WB is a 48 oz with an incredible pressure holding cap) of your favorite pop without ice and dump it in to the water bottle. Stick the water bottle in your fridge and you're good to go for the next day for when you're in your room. That was a downside to the Jewel cruise. Got another one coming up on one of the big ships for the Panama Canal full transit late in the year. We'll see what happens there. Love Norwegian, hate that rule. 

Canned soda has never been part of the Free at Sea beverage package. Usually NCL offers canned soda free of charge only if they ran out of the fountain soda or have problems with the soda machine. But you could always purchase a can of soda at any of the bars (often not kept cold though) for about $3,00 plus gratuities.

• Like 2