Just returned from Regal Princess Baltic Cruise

Teddy560

I would suggest looking at the port/terminal schedule before deciding on whether to take a taxi or perhaps use the Princess shuttle to the airport:

http://www.cmport.com/en/ships-in-port/cruise-ships/copenhagen

http://crew-center.com/copenhagen-cruise-port-schedule-2018

The day of our disembarkation, there were only one or two other small cruise ships. Thus, there were PLENTY of taxis available at the terminal. Unfortunately, I made the decision to take the Princess shuttle as I was worried beforehand, but there was nothing to worry about. The Princess shuttle is a bit more expensive for two or more people.

However, I can imagine there may be a dearth of taxis on disembarkation day if there are multiple large cruise ships disembarking on that same day, so please check the cruise port calendar. If you have any doubt, I would probably suggesting just booking the Princess shuttle.

If you do take the taxi, I believe they do accept credit cards - but you have to tell the taxi driver immediately upon entering the taxi that you want to use a credit card. I used cash the two times I used the taxis. The two taxi drivers seemed pretty friendly and honest, but that was just a small sampling of two taxi drivers...

Thank you. I'll check Princess transfers. is there a way to check how many ships in port that day?

Thanks for your help. How expensive were the transfer to town and were any of them free?

The cost of the transfer from Copenhagen port to Copenhagen Kastrup airport was $39 per person. I waited to book the transfer until approximately 3 or 4 days before the end of the cruise.

Depending on how long you are in town we used the Copenhagen Card. Bought card at airport on arrival, caught the train to central and walked to nearby hotel. Obviously this depends on amount of luggage you have. Also used it to travel around town and for entrance fees. Finally used it to take us to the port via public bus.

Overall it was a great deal. Post cruise we grabbed a taxi to airport. Can't remember cost.

• 5 weeks later...
Can you please let me about the taxi from the port to CPH airport? Should we reserve it in advance and if we can pay with CC or cash only? TIA

Very sorry for the super late reply, I had a little health problem with my right eye for the past few weeks.

You do not have to book in advance. We were the first group off the ship so there were already a few taxis waiting. However, if you are leaving to the airport after 7 am, I was told there may be a wait. Just give yourself plenty of time if you are leaving later. We paid cash but for all other taxi rides in Copenhagen, we paid CC. It was $44 USD.

Are you able to tell me if there was much availability of free WiFi at the Terminals or around the town, at the different Ports.

Also if you perhaps still have a copy of a Princess Patter which lists the opening & closing times of the various restaurants, for example breakfast,lunch,dinner. I'm assuming this might be different for Sea Days & Port Days.

Thanks in advance :)

Very sorry for the super late reply, I had a little health problem with my right eye for the past few weeks.

TBH, most of the ports claimed they have free wifis, but they are very spotty, and sometimes I could not log on at all. At Oslo port there's a cafe and you are supposed to get free wifi with purchase but we did not use it. The city hall in Helsinki had the best free wifi. Other than that, you probably just have to depend on local cafes or restaurants.

Do you have any additional information you can share on the Ocean Medallion you may have received? Maybe from someone who was using one?

Hello, I did not receive the Ocean Medallion. On our cruise, only a handful of passengers received it. They wore it around their neck with a lanyard and used it instead of the card for purchases, as identification, etc. Other than that, sorry I do not have any further info.

Edited by Teddy560
forgot to type "not"

Hello, I did not receive the Ocean Medallion. On our cruise, only a handful of passengers received it. They wore it around their neck with a lanyard and used it instead of the card for purchases, as identification, etc. Other than that, sorry I do have any further info.

Thanks, all I wanted was your info and nothing else. Thanks again.

I quoted your info on another thread about the Ocean Medallion. Posters had been stating ***** would not show up on the Regal until the fall. I had heard something that contradicted that statement and your info from above confirmed what I had heard.

Thanks for your help. How expensive were the transfer to town and were any of them free?

Very sorry for the super late reply, I had a little medical problem with my right eye for the past few weeks.

The only free shuttle to town was in Oslo. There is a board sign next to the shops at the port and you wait there. Mind you it only makes one stop, which is to the Akershus shopping terminal, which is within walking distance to the Akershus Fortress. We saw lots of people walking back to town and to the ship, which I personally do not recommend, especially in hot weather. For the return trip back to the ship, just wait at the Akershus shopping terminal again. They have good shopping, small snacks shop and free toilets.

For Tallinn, we walked to town, about 15 minutes with nothing to see on the way lol. There are shuttles buses but not free. $10USD pp. All other ports, you have to find a way to get out of town using either private transportations, tour excursions, or Hop on Hop offs. Hope this helps!

I quoted your info on another thread about the Ocean Medallion. Posters had been stating ***** would not show up on the Regal until the fall. I had heard something that contradicted that statement and your info from above confirmed what I had heard.

you are welcome! On our cruise, only people staying in Station B got to use it. I was told by Princess that these passengers were notified at least 60 days in advance by email.

you are welcome! On our cruise, only people staying in Station B got to use it. I was told by Princess that these passengers were notified at least 60 days in advance by email.

That is what I had been told by a manage on the Ruby. He had sat in a presentation on the ***** status, and provided this information to those that sat at his table for the most traveled happy hour (no lunch darn it).

I think what the posters meant is that the ***** would not expand from the test cabins to the entire ship until the fall after the ship returns to the USA.

• 9 months later...

Hi 

I am so glad to find your post. I know it has been a year but I hope you still get this message and my question

I will disembark from Regal Princess on Jun 1 in Copenhagen. The schedule stated arrive 500am  My flight is booked to depart at 1030am. Should I take the Princess transfer or the taxi to get to the airport on time? Any option to take the metro?

I would check with Princess to see when they start transfers. However I think I would take a taxi instead of waiting to fill a huge coach.

I think it was about $50 but can't really remember.

4 hours ago, cheese lover said:

Hi 

I am so glad to find your post. I know it has been a year but I hope you still get this message and my question

I will disembark from Regal Princess on Jun 1 in Copenhagen. The schedule stated arrive 500am  My flight is booked to depart at 1030am. Should I take the Princess transfer or the taxi to get to the airport on time? Any option to take the metro?

Private taxi. Yes, around US$50. Taxis accept credit cards.

I did the Baltic cruise last May on an NCL ship.  We used ALLA tours in SPB and in Warnemunde, Germany. They are aware of the time it takes to get off the ship.  We had no problem with our group of 16 getting to their bus.  I highly recommend them! They were awesome!  I actually wished I'd used them in some of the other ports as well!

You don't need to have your visa with you. The only thing we needed back in 2015 when we docked with the Regal, was our passport and the tour tickets from the agency we used, anastasia.travel. Passport control went smooth, and our guide was waiting for us just next to the passport control. We couldn't have had an easier day and more enjoyable day in St.Petersburg! We also booked the Anastasia team for Berlin and Stockholm for a great discount. Someone send me back to a Baltic cruise please!!!

• 1 month later...
On 6/14/2018 at 7:09 PM, Teddy560 said:

For us, it was the first at sea day and the day at Helsinki, Finland. I think it varies because the agent that checked us in at embarkation told us it’s unusual to have the formal night at Helsinki.

I was sailed from copenhagen. The first formal is the first sea day before Sweden. The second is the sea day between Estonia and Germany.

On 6/14/2018 at 8:26 PM, enyliram said:

you have a reminder to bring my visa.. i do not have a visa. i have my alla tour tickets and my passport. i hope this is sufficient.

Just have to print out tour ticket that Alla sent you, present that along with your passport and medallion, the immigration in SPB is very easy. They will stamp your passport and you will be outside.  Upon exit the port, tour meet up is on your right side. SPB is beautiful. I also took tour with Alla. Very nice.

On 7/31/2018 at 8:23 PM, TheRabbit said:

Do you have any additional information you can share on the Ocean Medallion you may have received? Maybe from someone who was using one?

Not much, if you reside in the US, you will have them sent to you house. If not from the US, you can pick up from port. With Medallion, checking is easy, no line. It works. Unlock your room the moment you walk to your room. You can order drink from Piazza, using the app. And they will look for you. I did that, worked too. Don’t worry about security picture, they will take your picture when you board the ship.