Harmony bow/helicopter pad

I've never been granted access to the helipad on any of my Oasis class sailings. I have heard that at certain times passengers can get out there, on ship tours and sometimes for stargazing events, but it's not generally open to the public.

Sometimes there is a sail away party for suite guest at one of the ports. They have also held some yoga classes on the helipad but as you see these are organized events by ship management.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Two cruises in an OS and no access. However, when the "Three Sisters" meet up for a photo op we were invited out for an hour or so during the rendezvous. It's really not a place to hang out, IMO, it's hot no shade and no BAR!

I've never been granted access to the helipad on any of my Oasis class sailings. I have heard that at certain times passengers can get out there, on ship tours and sometimes for stargazing events, but it's not generally open to the public.

I concur, and it has been an obsession for me (Not enough to warrant therapy) I will be trying on Symphony next year. When I paid for the all access tour on Oasis the group before us did go out there, we did not. Its a conspiracy!;)

I have had access the last 2 times on the Harmony for suite sail away parties. One from Nassau and the othe from Labadee

They were doing that on Oasis for months prior to my trip and they stopped. You use to see it on the port webcam.

Does anyone why they have it closed off to the public on the Oasis class and not on other ships?

Someone posted here that it was because the access was through crew areas.

Someone posted here that it was because the access was through crew areas.

There is also a water tight door that's used, I believe it was on deck 7, at the end of the passenger hall, step right out onto the bow deck

I know all the teenagers hung out on the Adventure's pad all hours of the evening (as per my 15 year old daughter)

On the Voyager & Freedom class you have access on the Oasis class you don’t.

• 2 weeks later...

Bill, if you start a support group I'd like to join. The bow of Freedom was my favorite place on any cruise ship ever (ok, fine, I've only been on 4.) Harmony is next up and I'm sooooooooo disappointed that it sounds like I likely won't get out there (and still insanely excited for the awesome ship, to be clear). Contrary to what atsealife said above, I think it's the most perfect place to hang out on the whole ship. The view is deeply awe inspiring, most people don't want to be up there so it's a great solitary spot, it's breezy and cool, just bring your sunscreen and drink along. (And who needs eyelashes anyway?!) I spent hours and hours up there alone on my Freedom cruise a few years back.

I concur, and it has been an obsession for me (Not enough to warrant therapy) I will be trying on Symphony next year. When I paid for the all access tour on Oasis the group before us did go out there, we did not. Its a conspiracy!;)