Magic problems

I was also onboard last week. I missed my 3pm flight on Spirit (Will never book them again after a cruise!). I had to purchase a new flight home on American which cost me $285. I have travel insurance and Carnival said would reimburse up to $200. It was a travel day nightmare. My connecting flight got delayed. Didn't get home until almost 1am.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

I was also onboard last week. I missed my 3pm flight on Spirit (Will never book them again after a cruise!). I had to purchase a new flight home on American which cost me $285. I have travel insurance and Carnival said would reimburse up to $200. It was a travel day nightmare. My connecting flight got delayed. Didn't get home until almost 1am.

My sister and her family were on the Magic last week too. She contacted me via text messages while still hours away from port. They, too, had a 3pm Spirit flight (to Detroit). I was able to get their flight changed to Spirit's 6:23pm flight. Cost an extra $396 for the 4 of them, but it was worth getting them home Saturday night. They made it to their gate at 4:50pm, after finally getting to the airport.

Sent from my LG-LS993 using Forums mobile app

what a nightmare to get home but glad you got home safe and sound. That's great that carnival would give you some $ towards the expense. How was the cruise?

My sister and her family were on the Magic last week too. She contacted me via text messages while still hours away from port. They, too, had a 3pm Spirit flight (to Detroit). I was able to get their flight changed to Spirit's 6:23pm flight. Cost an extra $396 for the 4 of them, but it was worth getting them home Saturday night. They made it to their gate at 4:50pm, after finally getting to the airport.

glad everyone is safe and home. Hope they had a great cruise despite the problems.

Hope they can address the engine issue.

We are on the June 30th sailing.

If they do have to drop a port, I hope it's Costa Maya.

Ill be extremely bummed if it's Roatan, that port is the main reason we picked this itinerary.

Likewise, Belize and Cozumel.

Well, Roatan is the farthest port from Port Canaveral, so it's possibly the one they would drop. Hope not!

They could easily drop Costa Maya, which is really a non-port to me, and just head slower directly to Roatan.

I guarantee 100% of the passengers would want Roatan over Costa Maya.

If they drop Roatan instead, I'll probably be done with the line.

We are on the 7/7 sailing and have been keeping a close eye out on the port changes. The only port on this itinerary we've never been to is Amber Cove so that's the only one I really hope they don't drop. The others are flexible as far as I am concerned.

Regardless, we're going to be on a cruise & that's the important thing! I'd take 7 days at sea; it's better then 7 days at work! :D

My mistake - I incorrectly assumed "azipod" was a ubiquitous term for propulsion. Replace azipod with propulsion system in my post and my comments still stand. Point being, even if there is some information given to the passengers on the current sailing, it's meaningless for what may happen in the future. I'm sure every single sailing where it's occurred Carnival has implied the issue was "fixed". And in their defense, mechanical systems break down all the time - there simply is no 100% guarantee.

They just break down more often on Carnival ships. Basically, if you cut services in the house, you will cut services behind scenes also.

My wife just booked her spa appointments based on the itinerary yesterday and now she can't update spa appointments if under 3 days to cruising. I guess I know our first stop once on board.

Just got this from JH on Facebook regarding the 6/23 sailing:

Carnival Magic is experiencing an issue impacting the ship’s maximum cruising speed. While our team completes the necessary work, we will be unable to sustain the required speed to deliver a four port itinerary. Consequently, the call to St. Thomas has been cancelled. A 50 USD, per person, onboard credit* will be posted to guest Sail & Sign accounts. For more information, please reference the attach communications.

The attached communications have been sent to guests and travel agents respectively. The itinerary has been revised in the reservation system as per the information below.

06/23/2018

SatCarnival MagicPort Canaveral (Orlando), FL 4:00 PM

SunCarnival Magic"Fun Day" At SeaAt SeaAt Sea

MonCarnival Magic"Fun Day" At SeaAt SeaAt Seawas Amber Cove, Dominican Republic from 09:00 AM to 04:00 PM

TueCarnival MagicSan Juan, Puerto Rico8:00 AM3:00 PMwas St. Thomas, USVI from 11:30 AM to 07:00 PM

WedCarnival MagicAmber Cove, Dominican Republic9:00 AM6:00 PMwas San Juan, Puerto Rico from 08:00 AM to 04:00 PM

ThuCarnival MagicGrand Turk7:00 AM4:00 PMwas Grand Turk from 12:00 PM to 06:00 PM

FriCarnival Magic"Fun Day" At SeaAt SeaAt Sea

SatCarnival MagicPort Canaveral (Orlando), FL8:00 AM

Sent from my iPhone using Forums