Sleeping 5 in a room

kyboymom

We are cruising the Fantasy in October with friends who are new to cruising. There will be 5 of them in their room, an Interior room. So they will be utilizing a king size bed, 2 Pullman's and a trundle. We have never had to use the trundle bed so didn't know if anyone had slept 5 in a room using this before? I can't imagine that there would be anywhere to walk once the trundle bed was put up.

Thanks for t he feedback.

We are cruising the Fantasy in October with friends who are new to cruising. There will be 5 of them in their room, an Interior room. So they will be utilizing a king size bed, 2 Pullman's and a trundle. We have never had to use the trundle bed so didn't know if anyone had slept 5 in a room using this before? I can't imagine that there would be anywhere to walk once the trundle bed was put up.

Doable, but not something I would consider.

I have only sailed carnival once, that was 6 years ago on Ecstasy. We had 4 adults, and a child in either ocean view or interior. Cant quite remember. I do remember it being Extremely tight for us. We did still have tons of fun though.

I'm surprised that Carnival let them book five in one cabin.
The older ships like Fantasy are grandfathered, while some of the newer ships have "family" cabins that are configured for five. We dd five in a cabin on Victory twice, the difference being that we booked a balcony cabin. The balcony helped a lot, since it gave us a place to stay while others were getting ready for dinner.

Did it once on the Fascination and it was tight. 2 adults and 3 children. It works if you’re not planning to spend much time in the room and you don’t mind having limited space for luggage and to get ready for activities/dinner/etc. I wouldn’t prefer to do it again but if that’s the only option to cruise, I’ll take it!

Enjoy your cruise!

There will be 5 of us in an ocean view room on the Elation. Me, my 3 adult kids and one boyfriend. We are very close and used to primitive tent camping. I think of it as a big adventure. Showers at the spa and group naps, lol. Should be a blast.

There will be 5 of us in an ocean view room on the Elation. Me, my 3 adult kids and one boyfriend. We are very close and used to primitive tent camping. I think of it as a big adventure. Showers at the spa and group naps, lol. Should be a blast.

You have a great attitude and I'm sure you'll have loads of fun on the cruise.

I think we are in a 6N on Magic, not sure if that is the same, but we will 5 people as well, 2 adults and a 19, 12 and 11 yo, who are all pretty much the same size at this point. The sailing was almost sold out so we didnt have much choice, I am a bit worried about space, but we dont spend a ton of time in the room, and Im guessing they may leave the upper beds closed until bedtime, for some extra room? I am looking forward to the extra bathroom.:cool:

On my 2000 cruise we had 5 college aged girls in an interior. We had two pullmans, put the twins under them (like bunk beds) and then the trundle. Worked great for us :)

5 of you sharing 1 bathroom? How'd that work out?