Let's get this party started! ~ Symphony B2B in the Med ~ 7/1 & 7/8 - LIVE with Joe!

I was also interested in this Joe as we're doing a b2b next month. Did you have to get off the ship or did they take you to a designated place? Did you get to keep your old cards? Also I heard they sometimes give all b2b cruises a lunch somewhere, is that true? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I was also interested in this Joe as we're doing a b2b next month. Did you have to get off the ship or did they take you to a designated place? Did you get to keep your old cards? Also I heard they sometimes give all b2b cruises a lunch somewhere, is that true? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

i wouldn't think it's done this way given that 20% of the ship is staying on board (the people who got on in rome)..

so why would they make the barcelona b2b people get off the ship or do anything special with them (like lunch), given that there are rome boarders staying on the ship...

Answering the question about B2B process:

Meet 9.30am at Bolero's.

Shortly after everyone arrives, you are taken through the forward gangway.

They then take you to a section of the jogging track between the gangways where you hand in the old card (although return them to you later) and give you new SeaPasses.

Then, you are back onboard through the aft gangway and all is good! Free to do what you want.

Easier than FLL where you have to go through customs and actually leave the ship. No B2B lunch or meeting on prior day.

Just back from the Sailaway. Great fun as always! Making me hungrier than ever to be CD.

Going to see an Ice Show tonight. Cannot wait. I've heard that it is worth booking SY just to see this show.

so how's the second week?

different mix of passengers?

that reminds me, what is the mix of passengers? majority english speaking? majority spanish speaking? other?

have you noticed if this has impacted the feeling of the cruise?

Last week, there was nearly 3000 Americans. Probably just over half of the ship had English as a first language. Then, some Spanish speaking (perhaps 25%) and then the rest is a mix of nationalities. I'm personally shocked at the number of Americans on here given that SY is arriving in Miami 4 months from today. I will hear more about this week at the Captain's reception tonight.

Less Americans onboard this week. I believe that Captain Rob said that the top 6 nationalities were Canada, USA, UK, Israel, Spain and Norway (in no particular order - can't remember the exact numbers).

Tonight was formal night. I don't really dress up as I am on vacation and like to keep casual, but I always look forward to seeing some well dressed eye candy. Never went to my own high school prom, so formal night is the closest that I have gotten in my life to seeing everyone all glammed up.

Tomorrow is Marseilles. Staying onboard this week.

Less Americans onboard this week. I believe that Captain Rob said that the top 6 nationalities were Canada, USA, UK, Israel, Spain and Norway (in no particular order - can't remember the exact numbers).

Tonight was formal night. I don't really dress up as I am on vacation and like to keep casual, but I always look forward to seeing some well dressed eye candy. Never went to my own high school prom, so formal night is the closest that I have gotten in my life to seeing everyone all glammed up.

Tomorrow is Marseilles. Staying onboard this week.

that's really interesting and kind of surprising!...

did he mention how many people board in Rome vs Barcelona?

i've heard 20% as the figure boarding in Rome, but i don't know if that's just a figure someone guessed at or the actual percentage.

There is a significant amount of motion on the ocean tonight. I have no idea why, but it is much worse on SY than on her 3 sisters. Doesn't help that the cabin for this cruise is a Virtual Balcony on Deck 7 forward.

There is a significant amount of motion on the ocean tonight. I have no idea why, but it is much worse on SY than on her 3 sisters. Doesn't help that the cabin for this cruise is a Virtual Balcony on Deck 7 forward.

I would bet a large amount of money that given the same exact conditions, all of the Oasis class ships would have virtually the same motion.

I would bet a large amount of money that given the same exact conditions, all of the Oasis class ships would have virtually the same motion.

I don't remember it being this bad on AL, which we sailed at Summer in the Med as well. Doesn't help that the ceiling is banging quite frequently.

Just joining this thread! Have you posted pics of your virtual balcony? We have 2 for our family in August.

I don't remember it being this bad on AL, which we sailed at Summer in the Med as well. Doesn't help that the ceiling is banging quite frequently.

It was more than a meter high waves last night, and yes, it was a bit of motion on the ship.

I guess there wasn’t this big waves the last time you sailed the med.

It’s a huge ship, but its still an object that moves when the ocean moves.

I've been a bit light on the reviewing, but I have seen both ice shows this week and can provide some thoughts.

1977 was fantastic. Great theming and some great uses of technology to enhance the show. I really liked it.

iSkate 2.0 was also good. It really showcased the excellent abilities of the skaters, however my one criticism of this show is that it didn't flow very well. It felt like several 1m30 numbers one after the other, some of which were completely different (e.g. Total Eclipse of the Heart followed by Heavy rock music). It just seemed to lack an easy to follow storyline. Not the fault of the skaters though - a very talented cast.

Also a bit annoyed at the inclusion of a song from the Greatest Showman. That movie seems to be shoved down people's throats these days. My favorite ever movie came out this year and has a soundtrack with a few songs that would have worked for an ice routine, but it is less well known than TGS.

It was more than a meter high waves last night, and yes, it was a bit of motion on the ship.

More than a meter are huge waves indeed! This is beaufort 1 out of 12.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

we cruising on Symphony in august and looking to book a private cycle tour of Palma. Does the ship dock far from the harbour entrance, is it walkable? TIA for any info....Andrew

It docks at a terminal which is across the bay from downtown Palma. It is around a 10 minute ride on the shuttle bus. Margot made a joke on the Morning Show that you can run to Palma from the ship, but realistically, you are better off taking the shuttle. However, do note that it costs money. It will take you to the harbour just across from the cathedral.

Welcome and cheers to that!

did you disembark with your luggage? if not could you explain the procedure for getting your bags at the pier. we will have a driver waiting for us at 9am. we are taking a tour before going to the airport.

hal

we cruising on Symphony in august and looking to book a private cycle tour of Palma. Does the ship dock far from the harbour entrance, is it walkable? TIA for any info....Andrew

My experience from both Palma and Marseilles is that if you are 2 people or more you can save money on taking a cab instead of the shuttlebus

'This is Michele your Cruise Director, and Ciao Ciao for now!" - Going to miss hearing that on the PA each day.

Just got the luggage tags. Worst part of any Royal cruise, especially when you are unsure of when you will next be cruising (next year doesn't seem to have any Royal ships or itineraries that match).

1 meter waves are very small and should not be felt at all on a large ship. What seems to affect these Oasis class ships more is the rolling action that is larger and more organized. With these the width of the ship seems to be a negative.

Don't get me wrong though, I love the Oasis class ships.