Let's get this party started! ~ Symphony B2B in the Med ~ 7/1 & 7/8 - LIVE with Joe!

Sailed with him a few weeks and he's definitely a very good cruise director.

A massive step up to Bobby Brown.

Happy sailings.

Excellent! I haven't interacted with him yet but already like him based on his TV segments. As for Bobby - worst CD on Royal. He is on Autopilot.

Just about to meet Michele at the Sailaway Party!

Muster is finished, but Captain Rob didn't do the announcement due to an Alpha call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just been to Sailaway. It seems that Michele & Margot are a significant improvement over Bobby & Katy on Harmony. Very fun celebration.

Excellent! I haven't interacted with him yet but already like him based on his TV segments. As for Bobby - worst CD on Royal. He is on Autopilot.

Just about to meet Michele at the Sailaway Party!

Muster is finished, but Captain Rob didn't do the announcement due to an Alpha call.

I hope the person referenced in the Alpha call is okay! Have a great time - like I have mentioned, I too sailed with Michele in 2015 on Allure as Jerome’s AM and think he’s a great fit for Symphony! For me, the sailaway party is one of the most exciting times of the cruise. Glad he made it a good one! Now you’re officially on vacation!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Joe,

Just been onto Snapchat and Mike who is one of the Teen Staff onboard has control of Royal Caribbean's Snapchat this week from the Symphony. :D

Enjoy.

Steven

I was going to mention that too! Joe, maybe you’ll end up in one of his stories!

Unfortunately we did.

Yikes. Katy seemed friendly but was a total rookie at the AM job and came off inexperienced and too loud. Bobby was just awful and didn't seem to care about guest enjoyment (IMO). They also had no chemistry in the Morning Show.

Here is a Day 1 recap:

Hello all - had a great first day! Not over yet.

We boarded the ship around 11am. She really looks spectacular. Eventually went to the Windjammer for some lunch. Later on, we got into the Staterooms around 1pm.

We have a Boardwalk Balcony with a view of the Abyss and AquaTheater. It's a great cabin although with the World Cup playing in Playmaker's, it is a bit noisy. I am probably the only guy in the whole of Scotland that hates football and wishes the world cup wouldn't be on ships, but maybe that's just me.

Muster was at 4.45pm. We had it in Studio B. Brandon from the Ice Cast was the main leader of it. Captain Rob was about to dismiss us when there was an Alpha call. That's terrible to hear. Hope the person was OK. I was on AN when the child drowned and remember the very Alpha call of that incident, so they do freak me out each time I hear one.

Post Muster, I went to the Sailaway Party. Margot (Activities Manager) hosted it alongside the Cruise Staff, Youth Staff and Sports Staff. They did a fantastic job. Very fun party. I stayed in the shade so didn't dance, but it was very enjoyable nonetheless.

Following Sailaway, I briefly felt unwell, but was OK to go to the WJ for dinner. It was great. I then went around the ship before going to the Hot Tub. Now back in the cabin after Sorrento's.

For anyone curious:

Captain - Rob Hempstead (USA)

Hotel Director - Fernando Jorge (Portugal)

Chief Engineer - Ivo Marenic (Croatia)

Cruise Director - Michele Scarpato (Italy)

Activities Manager - Margot van Erck (Netherlands)

One final note to make is that Michele seems like a great CD. Not met him yet but already think that he is 100x better than Bobby Brown.

Any questions?

Here is a Day 1 recap:

Hello all - had a great first day! Not over yet.

We boarded the ship around 11am. She really looks spectacular. Eventually went to the Windjammer for some lunch. Later on, we got into the Staterooms around 1pm.

We have a Boardwalk Balcony with a view of the Abyss and AquaTheater. It's a great cabin although with the World Cup playing in Playmaker's, it is a bit noisy. I am probably the only guy in the whole of Scotland that hates football and wishes the world cup wouldn't be on ships, but maybe that's just me.

Muster was at 4.45pm. We had it in Studio B. Brandon from the Ice Cast was the main leader of it. Captain Rob was about to dismiss us when there was an Alpha call. That's terrible to hear. Hope the person was OK. I was on AN when the child drowned and remember the very Alpha call of that incident, so they do freak me out each time I hear one.

Post Muster, I went to the Sailaway Party. Margot (Activities Manager) hosted it alongside the Cruise Staff, Youth Staff and Sports Staff. They did a fantastic job. Very fun party. I stayed in the shade so didn't dance, but it was very enjoyable nonetheless.

Following Sailaway, I briefly felt unwell, but was OK to go to the WJ for dinner. It was great. I then went around the ship before going to the Hot Tub. Now back in the cabin after Sorrento's.

For anyone curious:

Captain - Rob Hempstead (USA)

Hotel Director - Fernando Jorge (Portugal)

Chief Engineer - Ivo Marenic (Croatia)

Cruise Director - Michele Scarpato (Italy)

Activities Manager - Margot van Erck (Netherlands)

One final note to make is that Michele seems like a great CD. Not met him yet but already think that he is 100x better than Bobby Brown.

Any questions?

You can hear Playmakers in the cabin? Which cabin are you in, if you don’t mind me asking? I had a deck 8 BW Balcony on Allure and could occasionally hear AquaTheater noise, but the balcony door blocked out most of it!

Also, are you sure you had muster in Studio B? Did you mean the AquaTheater? Minor detail I know, but I’m just a bit curious as I know where the muster stations are and know that Studio B is much more Midship, and that all BW balconies muster in the MDR, with the exception of the last 4 balconies on decks 8-12 (last 2 on deck 14) + AT Suites which muster in the AquaTheater (stations G1-G4). I had a deck 10 Central Park Balcony on Harmony and my station was in Studio B, the ice rink, section D4. Just was a little confused since as far as I know, none of the BW balconies are in that fire zone! Sorry, just my OCD there! Wishing I could be living your experience, but I can’t wait until the day I do get to board Symphony! Great job with the review so far!

Glad you had/having such a great first day!

Am a bit concerned too about night time noise from Playmakers as we have room ontop of it on deck 10. Hope not bad choice (but looking forward to Boardwalk rooms).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Glad you had/having such a great first day!

Am a bit concerned too about night time noise from Playmakers as we have room ontop of it on deck 10. Hope not bad choice (but looking forward to Boardwalk rooms).

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

You will love the Boardwalk Balcony! I had one on Allure and while there was still some muffled noise, the balcony door generally drowned out most noise from outside. This obviously wasn’t the same since there wasn’t Playmakers (but there was Rita’s as my cruise was just 2 months before it was replaced with Sabor) and we didn’t have any issues being on the 8th deck. Being on 10 I think you’ll be right in the middle - high enough to not have extensive noise from the Boardwalk, but low enough to not have much noise from Deck 15. Great location IMO! Also a great deck to stay on being practically equidistant from the pool decks and the Promenade/ entertainment!

You will love the Boardwalk Balcony! I had one on Allure and while there was still some muffled noise, the balcony door generally drowned out most noise from outside. This obviously wasn’t the same since there wasn’t Playmakers (but there was Rita’s as my cruise was just 2 months before it was replaced with Sabor) and we didn’t have any issues being on the 8th deck. Being on 10 I think you’ll be right in the middle - high enough to not have extensive noise from the Boardwalk, but low enough to not have much noise from Deck 15. Great location IMO! Also a great deck to stay on being practically equidistant from the pool decks and the Promenade/ entertainment!

Thanks for the reassurance. Yeah booked deck 10 for reasons you say and also mid way (even though those aft were available as we booked on opening day). OPs room looks cool though...and the abyss wouldn't bother me.

Not sure where I would find Mike.

As for Periscope, I am @josephdaisley01

thanks for the periscope heads up....just watched one of the videos from yesterday....love all that line dancing up on deck....even the macarena? talk about throwback sunday..

Edited by alaska_planner

thanks for the periscope heads up....just watched one of the videos from yesterday....love all that line dancing up on deck....even the macarena? talk about throwback sunday..

Yeah - it was great fun. They had tons of songs. Even the YMCA.