Let's get this party started! ~ Symphony B2B in the Med ~ 7/1 & 7/8 - LIVE with Joe!

Excellent. How much does it cost to use an iPhone on the ship though?

You have to purchase a VOOM package. Check your Cruise Planner, cost varies. I figured since you were doing a live review, you had planned on a VOOM package anyhow.

You have to purchase a VOOM package. Check your Cruise Planner, cost varies. I figured since you were doing a live review, you had planned on a VOOM package anyhow.

Purchasing it for my laptop, although that isn't correctly equipped to take photos.

Purchasing it for my laptop, although that isn't correctly equipped to take photos.

Then you don't need to purchase anything else. You can share one VOOM package between the laptop and phone. Just logoff the laptop and login on the phone. Do the opposite when you want to go back to the laptop.

Then you don't need to purchase anything else. You can share one VOOM package between the laptop and phone. Just logoff the laptop and login on the phone. Do the opposite when you want to go back to the laptop.

Thanks Bob!

Joe...as Bob already stated, if you already have VOOM then you just log off one and login to another. Tapatalk on your phone allows you to upload six pics per post. Once you download it, it become part of this CC app and it's the little "mountain" symbol. Really easy once you have it on your phone.

As far as I know, periscope uses wifi from VOOM so technically you already have that paid for and the app itself it free for download.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm so looking forward to this! We're on a B2B on Symphony in August and I'm very interested in how they handle the turnaround day for those cruisers. Are you planning on doing any speciality restaurants? If you're able to get copies of the cruise compass and kids club sheets that would be fantastic. Happy holidays! XX

I'm so looking forward to this! We're on a B2B on Symphony in August and I'm very interested in how they handle the turnaround day for those cruisers. Are you planning on doing any speciality restaurants? If you're able to get copies of the cruise compass and kids club sheets that would be fantastic. Happy holidays! XX

Possibly not much specialty restaurants, although I might just have to go to Playmakers for the wings. I'm a Windjammer guy.

Definitely saving all of the Compasses and anything that I can get in the cabin. I'll check at Guest Services if there are any kids club sheets as well.

I've been waiting for a while. Sometimes, I wondered if I would ever get there. Watching everything about the Symphony launching while I was stuck doing a lot of work that I hate and working through the difficulties of life in miserable Scottish weather. Finally, it is nearly here. 10 days until I board the Symphony of the Seas!!!!!!

I am Joe. I have been posting on Cruise Critic for a while now, and have recently made my biggest move by maintaining the Cruise Director List (alongside sharing plenty of opinions). This is my first time doing a LIVE thread on CC, having been inspired by CruiseLifeRick when he did his LIVE thread on Symphony's inaugural in April.

I come to you from Glasgow, Scotland, a city well known for it's friendliness:

(disclaimer: Don't watch if you have no sense of humor, take things too literally or hate any use of strong language). ;p

Looking forward to your updates, I am saoling her i September, cant wait.John

This will be my 13th & 14th cruise; my 6th & 7th Oasis Class cruise and 2nd B2B. This will also be my 5th & 6th cruise around the Med and my 4th & 5th from Barcelona. There will be one first - my first time on Symphony! Having sailed all 3 sister ships, I am very excited to see everything new that Symphony will have to offer. I am hoping to try both Playmakers (wings! :)) and El Loco Fresh which are new dining venues on SY. Please give any other suggestions of things to try. All welcome.

I'll be back with more soon!

Looking forward to your updates, I am sailing on Symphony in September.

John:D;)

Joe:

Will be with you briefly as I am embarking in Rome on the 12th.

Let me know if they are still offering specialty dining packages when you get on board.

Keep posting and I'll buy you a beer if I see you!

I'll be back with more soon!

Do you know who will be the cruise director for its TA for dry dock in 2024? Kidding, good luck, we will be watching. I for one will soak up every detail including your flights and getting home, so don't leave anything out, we can skip over the parts about finding someone to water your plants if we want to.

Do you know who will be the cruise director for its TA for dry dock in 2024?

I was hoping it would be me! ;p To be serious though, I will try and speak to Michele about how to get to CD as it is where I want to be.

Kidding, good luck, we will be watching. I for one will soak up every detail including your flights and getting home, so don't leave anything out, we can skip over the parts about finding someone to water your plants if we want to.

I didn't know that I had any plants that needed watering. I will absolutely be adding in all of the pre and post cruise details, so stay tuned for them. Got a couple of posts to make, and then will report from Barcelona on Friday and Saturday before joining the ship.

Does anyone have any questions?

When you are in playmakers enjoying your wings, can you ask if the ultimate dining package works there? I assume they would give a credit of up to $30 like they do Izumi but just want to confirm.

Thank you and enjoy! I am sooooo jealous!

PRE-CRUISE:

We will be flying out very early on Friday morning. 6.30am from Edinburgh non stop to Barcelona on Ryanair, which for all Americans, is Europe's favorite airline. Much better than last year, where we had about 10 hours of flying the friendly skies each direction.

Arrival into Barcelona will be 10.20am. Probably getting a taxi to the hotel (I can't remember the name) and unsure of plans for the rest of the day. As we will be getting up about 3am in the morning, I can't imagine that we would want to do much, especially with the warm weather.

Full day in Barcelona on Saturday. If anyone has any recommendations of what to do, please let me know. Stayed there for a full day before Allure in 2015, but I didn't enjoy it as we crammed it all in on one day (2 Hop on Hop Off rides in 1 day with warm weather).

Unsure of restaurants in Barcelona. It's always easy in the States or UK to find somewhere, but last time in Barcelona, we walked for about 2 hours and saw nothing other than Tapas bars. Before Harmony, we just went to McDonalds as it was a late evening. Probably finding an Irish Bar and perhaps an American place (maybe Hard Rock Cafe in Placa Catalunya).

After breakfast, heading direct to ship on Sunday morning (hoping to be onboard by around 11.30am).

Full day in Barcelona on Saturday. If anyone has any recommendations of what to do, please let me know. Stayed there for a full day before Allure in 2015, but I didn't enjoy it as we crammed it all in on one day (2 Hop on

http://www.abirradero.com/

I really enjoy a good craft beer and got a tip about this place with app 40 beers on tap. Definitely a place I want to visit during my stay in Barcelona.