Any/all help, info, advice you can offer a newbie re: Allure

7. What are some of the things we absolutely have to do and see on the Allure? Aside from the restaurants above, absolutely see the Water Shows; they're unique and fun to watch. Try to see if you can find a copy of the daily planner so that you can note the things you really want to do. If you want to do Rising Tide bar, you'll need to "schedule" it just like anything else you want to catch. The "departures" are posted every day and it will take a small chunk of your time to get a seat and go through the experience so treat it like trivia, or karoake, or any other onboard activity. The parades are fun and usually scheduled around 7-7:30pm so if you want to see them, eat early! We missed a couple because we had too many 6pm and 7pm dining times! If you like to see more tricks on the ice, see the iSkate show where the performers can all do their own routines. The main ice show has a story line and is also fun to watch but the tricks are more impressive in the other show.

Is the Rising Tide schedule in the Compass daily or is it physically posted right by the entrance? This is the first time I have seen this information, and I have read a bunch of reviews and studied the Compasses. Most people say it is hardly ever in operation, although I have seen on the Compass that they do a 2 hour all you can drink "Speakeasy" theme party on the Rising Tide one night for $35. If you have the ultimate drink pkg, do you still have to pay $35?

Is the Rising Tide schedule in the Compass daily or is it physically posted right by the entrance? This is the first time I have seen this information, and I have read a bunch of reviews and studied the Compasses. Most people say it is hardly ever in operation, although I have seen on the Compass that they do a 2 hour all you can drink "Speakeasy" theme party on the Rising Tide one night for $35. If you have the ultimate drink pkg, do you still have to pay $35?

Schedule for Rising Tide is posted by entrances on Decks 5 & 8. It generally opens in the afternoon and "rises" every half hour or so, I believe. We sail Oasis more frequently than Allure, but I don't think they do the Speakeasy party on Allure. On Oasis, it's held in Jazz on 4. Lots of fun! You still have to pay even with the drink package, as it's a speicalty event. I also don't know if it's still offered, but on Allure we did a ticketed event for the 70's party on the Rising Tide, it included drinks. party favors and a spectacular view of the show - the dancers came on board so we really felt part of the action. Pricey but a lot of fun.

• 2 weeks later...

WOW.. you guys are awesome.. I have truly learned so much and have a good idea of what to do, what to see, when to sign up and what to sign up for... And while I have to discuss it with my parents, I think your suggestion of keeping MTD seems like the best option on Royal.

Thank you so much...

There is no set time for various reservations to open. They (excursions, dining, entertainment, etc.) can open at different times. Keep checking your Cruise Planner on Royal's website.

My March 2019 Allure cruise doesn't have any entertainment options open at this time.

I'll keep checking - I had no idea one should reserve the shows.

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

• 2 weeks later...

We have early seating which I understand is 5:30 and signed up

Day 1.. Water Show @ 8:30

Day 2 Mamma Mia @ 9:30

Day 3 Comedy Live @ 9:00

Day 4 Nothings It's Halloween

Day 5 Headlines @ 8:30 and Ice Show @ 9:30 (do we need a sweater or jacket for the Ice Show???)

Day 6 Blue Planet @ 8:00 and finally

Day 7 Comedy @ 10:30 ..

How'd we do? Should we change anything or is this good? You guys have helped so much Thank You Again

We have early seating which I understand is 5:30 and signed up

Day 1.. Water Show @ 8:30

Day 2 Mamma Mia @ 9:30

Day 3 Comedy Live @ 9:00

Day 4 Nothings It's Halloween

Day 5 Headlines @ 8:30 and Ice Show @ 9:30 (do we need a sweater or jacket for the Ice Show???)

Day 6 Blue Planet @ 8:00 and finally

Day 7 Comedy @ 10:30 ..

How'd we do? Should we change anything or is this good? You guys have helped so much Thank You Again

You don't need a sweater for the ice show unless you are easily chilled. I've brought a light sweater in the past but have never used it. You'll have to move quickly to get from the Headliner to Studio B, but it's not that far. With any of the ticketed shows, it's recommended to arrive early for the best seats, but you'll usually get in no matter what, except for the comedy shows, which tend to fill up. Enjoy!

The Entertainment Booking my Allure cruise opened today.......79 days prior to sailing. As for the comedy show / club, on the last full day of the cruise, ours has a 10:30 pm show in the Amber (main) theater.....lots of seating there! Also, I think they have a 9 pm on the last full day too, that is also in the Amber, is family appropriate (thanks goodness, I am taking my 90 plus parents who would be more comfortable) and does NOT need reservations

I think they open them in blocks. So Thursday was the October departures, a couple weeks will likely be the November departures.

I noticed in the mobile app they added a chunk of sailings as one time too, from Sept. 16 all the way to the end of October.

The Central Park Cafe is a great option for soups/sandwiches for lunch. Also a great snack after a port day to avoid the chaos of the windjammer. Make sure to try the roast beef sandwich! Aft on deck 5 is a nice spot to relax and the piano bar is a fun spot at night.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

We love the Oasis class, there is so much to do, you'll (almost) never feel crowded. In addition to the excellent recommendations already posted, some of our favorites:

Spend some time in Central Park - it's especially beautiful at night

Lunch at Solarium on embarkation day (at least on the Oasis) is quiter, fewer people, and healthier food options

Ride the Carousel - it's not just for kids!

Definitely sign up for shows early, especially the comedy shows - they will fill up and hard to get in on standby. Other shows you will likely be seated even if you don't have a reservation.

If you're considering specialty restaurants, 150 Park Place is amazing and worth the upcharge. We've never had a bad experience there. Samba is also an interesting experience if you enjoy Brazilian steakhouses - you'll definitely be loosening the belt there ;-)

Even if you're not participating - check out the FlowRider, it's lots of fun to watch!

If you want to enjoy a gorgeous aft view, go to deck 5 (the jogging track) and walk to the rear of the ship, there are lounge chairs for a spectacular view.

The Allure is a beautiful ship and a different type of cruise experience - enjoy!!!

I was only allowed to book 1 comedy show - do more shows open up for booking closer to sail date or are there some comedy shows that are not reserved? How do I know what is what?

I was only allowed to book 1 comedy show - do more shows open up for booking closer to sail date or are there some comedy shows that are not reserved? How do I know what is what?

There is often a 2nd comedy show on the last night in the main theater. It would show up as a second "item" on the cruise planner. You would see Comedy twice on the left navigation when in the entertainment category.

You really don't need tickets to that one, though, as it's in the main theater and won't come even close to filling up. But it's free, so we book them anyways.

Sorry to hijack thread - for some reason I can't find where to start a thread. If anyone could hap with that would be great!

Does anyone know when luggage tags are available to be printed out? I don't see them anywhere in my cruise planning.

When are the water fountain shows? My son loves watching those kinds of things.

Is there advanced reservations for the love and marriage show? I could not find.

When are movies usually shown in aqua theater? Are they newer releases or older?

Least busy place to eat debark lunch?

Is dining room open for lunch all days?

Heard there are crepes sometimes - when is this usually?

Any themed nights for food like chocolate buffet?

Address of port or will I get that on cruise documentation? I looked it up but keep getting different addresses.

Sorry to hijack thread - for some reason I can't find where to start a thread. If anyone could hap with that would be great!

Does anyone know when luggage tags are available to be printed out? I don't see them anywhere in my cruise planning.

When are the water fountain shows? My son loves watching those kinds of things.

Is there advanced reservations for the love and marriage show? I could not find.

When are movies usually shown in aqua theater? Are they newer releases or older?

Least busy place to eat debark lunch?

Is dining room open for lunch all days?

Heard there are crepes sometimes - when is this usually?

Any themed nights for food like chocolate buffet?

Address of port or will I get that on cruise documentation? I looked it up but keep getting different addresses.

Click on "New Thread" to start a new thread.

Luggage tags are normally available around 7 weeks before the cruise.

No reservations for Love & Marriage, first come, first served.

Main Dining Room only has lunch on sea days.

Click on "New Thread" to start a new thread.

Luggage tags are normally available around 7 weeks before the cruise.

No reservations for Love & Marriage, first come, first served.

Main Dining Room only has lunch on sea days.

Thanks for the feedback! Still can't see where the new thread button is! What side of screen is it on and top or bottom?

Thanks for the feedback! Still can't see where the new thread button is! What side of screen is it on and top or bottom?

Go to the main forum page here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83.

New Thread should be bottom left.

This assumes you are using a web browser on a PC.

Ok I see it now- I have been looking on the Allure only section and its not there. Thanks for your help!

Those links to ships on the right side of the page are confusing. Those are just shortcuts to searches for posts about those ships. There are no dedicated ship forums.