Seward embarkation question

pksundevil

We are sailing the Jewel southbound from Seward in August. On the day of embarkation, we are taking a bus from Anchorage. We'd like to hike Exit Glacier but need to figure out what to do with our luggage.

Can we board the Jewel as soon as boarding starts (we're in the Haven), get our luggage onboard, etc and then disembark for the rest of the afternoon?

If that's not going to work, is there somewhere in Seward where we might be able to leave luggage until we return from our hikes?

How are you getting to the glacier? Maybe drop your luggage at the ship and then head out before actually checking in and boarding?

We are using Exit Glacier Guides. Can we drop the luggage at the ship before checking in and boarding? Didn't realize that was an option- this is our first cruise! Have done a lot of research but sometimes the little questions are the ones that don't turn up with answers.

I don't know how the set up is in Seward, (I'll find out in a couple weeks though) but last year in Seattle we dropped our bags at the terminal walked around the corner to where the passenger entrance was, and decided we really didn't feel like standing in the long line. So we just crossed the street and went up to the Pike Pl Market for an hour or so while the line wound down a bit. I imagine that you could probably do something similar, since it's not like a flight. You don't carry your bags to check in, they get dropped curbside with porter's.

All you have to do is just drop your bags at the cruise port, I wouldn't even bother to check in, unless you are just doing the Exit Glacier overlook which maybe takes an hour. But you aren't going to be doing the Harding Ice Field trek either, so have no clue what you are doing at Exit? If just the overlook and you're taking the 7am bus? You could get on/off the ship if you wanted to. I simply walk to/from the bus stop, and no issue walking by Exit Guides, across the train station, which you would pass. It takes me longer using the shuttle bus. :)

All you have to do is just drop your bags at the cruise port, I wouldn't even bother to check in, unless you are just doing the Exit Glacier overlook which maybe takes an hour. But you aren't going to be doing the Harding Ice Field trek either, so have no clue what you are doing at Exit? If just the overlook and you're taking the 7am bus? You could get on/off the ship if you wanted to. I simply walk to/from the bus stop, and no issue walking by Exit Guides, across the train station, which you would pass. It takes me longer using the shuttle bus. :)

We’re doing the 1:30 Naturalist Hike, which is about 90 minutes.

If we can just drop our bags, that works well.

We’re doing the 1:30 Naturalist Hike, which is about 90 minutes.

If we can just drop our bags, that works well.

What time are you scheduled to sail?

You are supposed to be on board 2 hours prior with the Muster Drill somewhere from an hour to a half an hour prior to sailing.

What time are you scheduled to sail?

You are supposed to be on board 2 hours prior with the Muster Drill somewhere from an hour to a half an hour prior to sailing.

Departure from Seward is 9PM. OP will have plenty of time.

We are sailing the Jewel southbound from Seward in August. On the day of embarkation, we are taking a bus from Anchorage. We'd like to hike Exit Glacier but need to figure out what to do with our luggage.

Can we board the Jewel as soon as boarding starts (we're in the Haven), get our luggage onboard, etc and then disembark for the rest of the afternoon?

If that's not going to work, is there somewhere in Seward where we might be able to leave luggage until we return from our hikes?

Your luggage will be checked through to your cabin when you board the bus in Anchorage. You don't need to worry about getting it to the ship. What you need to worry about is getting to Exit glacier, which is about 10 miles from where you are dropped off for the cruise.

Your luggage will be checked through to your cabin when you board the bus in Anchorage. You don't need to worry about getting it to the ship. What you need to worry about is getting to Exit glacier, which is about 10 miles from where you are dropped off for the cruise.

We're not technically using an NCL bus- we booked a bus through Alaska RR as part of a combination package. But it sounds like we can drop off our luggage and be fine.