Online Check In Question

CPicott

First time cruiser here. I’m trying to do my online check in. I didn’t approve the kids to be able to charge to a credit card for onboard payment preferences so it won’t let me check them in. They are minors, can I not check them in without approving them to charge to their room key?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First time cruiser here. I’m trying to do my online check in. I didn’t approve the kids to be able to charge to a credit card for onboard payment preferences so it won’t let me check them in. They are minors, can I not check them in without approving them to charge to their room key?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unless NCL recently changed this, they didn't have the option (unlike some other lines) to put in credit card info for charging. As PP mentioned, you do it at the port.

Apparently it’s new. Supposedly to help speed up the checkin process at the pier. Was on Jewel transpacific earlier and it was business as usual. Booked transatlantic from Copenhagen in October and needed to enter credit info to complete check in.

Not sure that helps.....but you’re not alone.

We have never had to give Credit Card authority previously on NCL until we were checking in at the port.
ive never had to provide any credit card info as part of online check in. that's always done at the port. you just have to provide your travel document ID and emergency contact info.

Unless NCL recently changed this, they didn't have the option (unlike some other lines) to put in credit card info for charging. As PP mentioned, you do it at the port.

This is a new requirement. We did not have to do it on our April cruise. But it was required for our June cruise.

Great. I think this is an improvement to speed things up at the port.

One other thing they could do is use past pictures. DCL will do that for adults if you sail with them again within a certain time span.

Our June trip it (put in credit card info) wasn't an option and see for others even earlier than June it was an option. Maybe it had to do when you booked?