Two doubles versus one queen

jayfurr

My wife and I are cruising Scandinavia aboard the Norwegian Breakway in August. Our cabin has two double beds that can be pushed together to be a queen bed. In the past, I've never said a thing beforehand and the cruise line has always configured the room as a queen, but my wife says she'd really rather have the beds separate since we each toss and turn in our own special personal ways.

Does anyone know how to indicate that you want the beds and covers and stuff separate instead of together? I don't see anything on the NCL website, but perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

Jay

I don't think it works out to two doubles when you separate them. Maybe two slightly undersized twins to make a queen sized?

Correct. 2 standard twin beds would make up a king, so they would be undersized twins

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My wife and I are cruising Scandinavia aboard the Norwegian Breakway in August. Our cabin has two double beds that can be pushed together to be a queen bed. In the past, I've never said a thing beforehand and the cruise line has always configured the room as a queen, but my wife says she'd really rather have the beds separate since we each toss and turn in our own special personal ways.

Does anyone know how to indicate that you want the beds and covers and stuff separate instead of together? I don't see anything on the NCL website, but perhaps I'm just looking in the wrong place.

Jay

You can also call NCL and put in a request for the beds to be separated and that will be added to your cruise information or if you have worked with a TA they can do that for you. Advance notice is helpful to the cabin Steward - it allows him to make up the beds correctly from the start of your trip. There are times when embarkation day can be very hectic for the staff and when you leave a note it's possible that he/she may not have a opportunity to make the needed change until the following day.

My husband now uses a BiPAP machine and we always have the beds separated to allow for the maximum flexibility as to where he runs an extension cord. It can vary greatly from ship to ship and cabin type.

As an FYI we are not small people and have not had issues with the size of the beds when separated.

Jay

You have to do it onboard by notifying your room steward.

You can call into NCL and inform them, to make a note for your RS, on how you wish the beds to be setup ... easy & it take a minute for them to do it, once you get thru if there's a long queue for the "next" available agent.

On our last few cruises booked direct, they've usually asked us about our preference, special needs, diet, or other matters that they can "note" in their system.

You can call into NCL and inform them, to make a note for your RS, on how you wish the beds to be setup ... easy & it take a minute for them to do it, once you get thru if there's a long queue for the "next" available agent.

On our last few cruises booked direct, they've usually asked us about our preference, special needs, diet, or other matters that they can "note" in their system.

In total agreement - for at least the past three years of cruising we have had that preference indicated in their system and the beds were already set up as requested when the cabins became available on embarkation day.

I don't think it works out to two doubles when you separate them. Maybe two slightly undersized twins to make a queen sized?

That is very true. And usually, when you get to in bed the beds are not quite all the way together, you can feel the split in the beds.