Flash Sale Price Adjustment

I booked Harmony for 10/27-11/3 on Tuesday. Yesterday, RC released the cyber sale and now when I do a mock booking there is an extra $175 "flash sale" deducted from the price. I originally booked a guaranteed ocean view balcony room and yesterday I saw where the normal ocean view balcony room category had become available with multiple rooms on multiple decks and the price was less than what I paid for my guaranteed room.

I didn't get time to call until this morning and the ocean view balcony room category had already disappeared. The agent on the phone told me there was one oceanview balcony room left on deck 8 (even through the U.K. site shows multiple rooms on decks 10-14). I took the room on deck 8, but I will have to pay $37 more because it looks like I didn't get the $175 "flash sale" that is showing up on the website. The agent tried to tell me it was because of the prepaid gratituties, which is not true because those were on my first reservation.

Should I call back and ask about getting the flash sale applied to my reservation? My total for a guaranteed balcony was $2288.36 and now I can get a guaranteed balcony for $2116.58 and a large ocean view balcony for $2389.58 (assuming the current sale can be combined with the CAS balcony discount). The phone agent told me the large balcony room would be above $2500. Right now I'm paying $2325.36 for a midship OV balcony on Deck 8. I should've booked refundable deposit so I could just cancel and rebook online :rolleyes:

I booked Harmony for 10/27-11/3 on Tuesday. Yesterday, RC released the cyber sale and now when I do a mock booking there is an extra $175 "flash sale" deducted from the price. I originally booked a guaranteed ocean view balcony room and yesterday I saw where the normal ocean view balcony room category had become available with multiple rooms on multiple decks and the price was less than what I paid for my guaranteed room.

I didn't get time to call until this morning and the ocean view balcony room category had already disappeared. The agent on the phone told me there was one oceanview balcony room left on deck 8 (even through the U.K. site shows multiple rooms on decks 10-14). I took the room on deck 8, but I will have to pay $37 more because it looks like I didn't get the $175 "flash sale" that is showing up on the website. The agent tried to tell me it was because of the prepaid gratituties, which is not true because those were on my first reservation.

Should I call back and ask about getting the flash sale applied to my reservation? My total for a guaranteed balcony was $2288.36 and now I can get a guaranteed balcony for $2116.58 and a large ocean view balcony for $2389.58 (assuming the current sale can be combined with the CAS balcony discount). The phone agent told me the large balcony room would be above $2500. Right now I'm paying $2325.36 for a midship OV balcony on Deck 8. I should've booked refundable deposit so I could just cancel and rebook online :rolleyes:

Absolutely. Book the cabin and the deal you want and after you're happy with it just cancel the original

Absolutely. Book the cabin and the deal you want and after you're happy with it just cancel the original

Yeah I haven't cruised in almost two years, so this refundable/nonrefundable deposit thing is new to me. I don't know why I didn't think about this before.. you live and you learn I suppose :loudcry:

Are you sure the two discounts can be combined?

I'm not positive, I was hoping someone else on here would know. The flash sale would be better than the balcony discount anyway. The phone agent didn't know anything about the flash sale though.. she attributed it to the prepaid gratuity which was on both reservations.

And multiple sales are for new bookings only...

I couldn't find anything on Royal's website about the terms regarding the sale. I know in the past I've been able to find the "fine print" where it says new bookings only. I haven't cruised in almost 2 years, so I'm trying to get used to all the new updates RC made to the website.

Well after 3 phone calls I FINALLY got the price adjusted to what was showing online. I went from $2325 for a midship balcony room on deck 8 to $2126 for a midship balcony room on deck 11! It took a lot of persistence and a little bit of pushing with the agent to get it adjusted.

First she told me that the only other balcony room left was on deck 8 and that it would be more expensive than the one I originally had (same category). I asked why there were 20+ available OV balcony rooms online on decks 10-14 for less than mine on deck 8. She got defensive and said "it doesn't work that way we don't price by deck." So finally she finds the room I'm asking for is available, but it is an "ocean view with no balcony." (It's definitely a balcony room) I was getting a little fed up at this point because the first agent told me I couldn't switch to a balcony room on deck 10 because those were "safe rooms" and they weren't booking them. No idea what that meant. I finally told her it makes no sense for my mid ship balcony room on deck 8 to be more expensive than one on deck 11.

She asked me what price I was seeing online then she put me on hold to talk to the resolutions center. After about 3 minutes she came back and said she could honor the online price.

Next time I will book a refundable deposit and just cancel and rebook as I please.

Well after 3 phone calls I FINALLY got the price adjusted to what was showing online. I went from $2325 for a midship balcony room on deck 8 to $2126 for a midship balcony room on deck 11! It took a lot of persistence and a little bit of pushing with the agent to get it adjusted.

First she told me that the only other balcony room left was on deck 8 and that it would be more expensive than the one I originally had (same category). I asked why there were 20+ available OV balcony rooms online on decks 10-14 for less than mine on deck 8. She got defensive and said "it doesn't work that way we don't price by deck." So finally she finds the room I'm asking for is available, but it is an "ocean view with no balcony." (It's definitely a balcony room) I was getting a little fed up at this point because the first agent told me I couldn't switch to a balcony room on deck 10 because those were "safe rooms" and they weren't booking them. No idea what that meant. I finally told her it makes no sense for my mid ship balcony room on deck 8 to be more expensive than one on deck 11.

She asked me what price I was seeing online then she put me on hold to talk to the resolutions center. After about 3 minutes she came back and said she could honor the online price.

Next time I will book a refundable deposit and just cancel and rebook as I please.

I had a similar experience when I tried to get a price adjustment last night for this sale. The C&A rep just kept telling me that she was seeing a higher price. After 15 minutes, she put me on hold to talk to a manager. I had to hang up when my kid woke up crying. Never got a call back.

Glad it worked out for you and that you were persistent.

I had a similar experience when I tried to get a price adjustment last night for this sale. The C&A rep just kept telling me that she was seeing a higher price. After 15 minutes, she put me on hold to talk to a manager. I had to hang up when my kid woke up crying. Never got a call back.

Glad it worked out for you and that you were persistent.

I've been trying since the Fall Flash Sale came out around June 29th I believe. At first I just thought that maybe the sale was for new bookings only. Today I noticed the actual cruise fare went down, which is what they supposedly guarantee for the price drops. You can always try calling again! I just don't remember it being this hard to get price adjustments in the past. It's been about two years since I've cruised though.

That has nothing to do with it and can happen anytime

The price of our cruise came down but for me to get the lower price I would lose all my OBC, If you have OBC, make sure that you do not lose them when you reprice your cruise as some of them do not transfer to the new booking.

The price of our cruise came down but for me to get the lower price I would lose all my OBC, If you have OBC, make sure that you do not lose them when you reprice your cruise as some of them do not transfer to the new booking.

No worries, I didn't have any OBC. I did lose my C&A balcony discount, but I'm assuming it can't be combined with the $175 flash sale.

No worries, I didn't have any OBC. I did lose my C&A balcony discount, but I'm assuming it can't be combined with the $175 flash sale.

That would be typical these days.

Glad it worked out for you. Been Cruising on Royal 30yrs and still learning things about it...