CVS. Wine?

hartskys

Does CVS in Old San Juan have wine? If so can we board the ship drop our luggage off then go out and get wine and bring it back on board to our cabin?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes...there's also a fairly new Walgreen's just down the street by the Old Town Sheraton. Assuming you can bring wine on the ship...no idea what cruiseline you're using. I only know about RCI but they don't sail out of Old Town pier.

Yes...there's also a fairly new Walgreen's just down the street by the Old Town Sheraton. Assuming you can bring wine on the ship...no idea what cruiseline you're using. I only know about RCI but they don't sail out of Old Town pier.

Sorry we are sailing on Carnival Fascination.

Sorry we are sailing on Carnival Fascination.

We sailed on the Fascination in February and will be sailing her again next February. You will embark at the OSJ pier. There is a CVS to the left of the pier, about a 10 minute walk, past Walgreens and the Polo store. We found the wine to be cheaper at CVS. Since you pass Walgreens first you can always see if they have what you want and the cost and then go to CVS and compare. At initial embarkation we took on 2 bottles of wine and an 8 pack of soda (for some reason soda is sold in 8 packs, no 6 or 12). We embarked at noon, had lunch and then got off the ship. We then brought on 2 more bottles of wine and another 8 pack of soda. We were never questioned, screening does not know if you are embarking for the first or third time. We could have got off again and then brought on more but 4 bottles was enough for us.

Enjoy your cruise.

We sailed on the Fascination in February and will be sailing her again next February. You will embark at the OSJ pier. There is a CVS to the left of the pier, about a 10 minute walk, past Walgreens and the Polo store. We found the wine to be cheaper at CVS. Since you pass Walgreens first you can always see if they have what you want and the cost and then go to CVS and compare. At initial embarkation we took on 2 bottles of wine and an 8 pack of soda (for some reason soda is sold in 8 packs, no 6 or 12). We embarked at noon, had lunch and then got off the ship. We then brought on 2 more bottles of wine and another 8 pack of soda. We were never questioned, screening does not know if you are embarking for the first or third time. We could have got off again and then brought on more but 4 bottles was enough for us.

Enjoy your cruise.

You didn't have your wine in your carry-on?

Yes, at initial embarkation we had our wine in my husbands backpack. When we got off we took the backpack with us and put the newly purchased wine in there again. I don't know if it is the norm for San Juan but the back pack was never opened, hence the wine bottles were never checked. The soda was in a CVS bag each time. Never checked.

• 2 months later...

Another vote for the Super Max. Decent selection. Even larger at the Super Maxes closer to the resort beaches—they get a lot of business from regular tourists staying in hotels and rentals.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...

We sailed out of Old San Juan on the Fascination on 9/16. Due to Florence and the fact we were suppose to fly from Charlotte to OSJ on the 15th, we changed our plans and flew down on the 13th. We did selection and price comparisons on wine between Walgreens and CVS--CVS was better on prices for the same wines.