Shore Ex Credit Promo---The Real Deal After Prepaying Online

After already purchasing shore excursions, I received the shorex credit perk with an upgraded cabin. So I called the shorex number to reserve the rest of my excursions and inquire about the credit. The rep said I had to pay for all the excursions now since I had already paid for some, but that I will receive the per port obc after taking each excursion. Basically, she explained that I could have just reserved them without paying had I not already paid for any--that you could only have one payment method. I agreed to this and prepaid them all.

After reviewing the terms and comments on CC, I became nervous that the per port credit would be nonrefundable.

So I just called again today and the shorex rep was the best! She confirmed that the credit received after completing your shoreex is refundable obc. If I didn't spend it all onoboard I would receive a check in the mail after my cruise. I belabored this point as there had been conflicting info posted here. She reassured me.

But even better than that, she offered to simply refund my credit cards now while retaining my reservations and I can pay on board, which I gladly accepted.

:D

We booked all of our excursions through the phone on our last cruise since we also had the credit. We actually ended up with NCL sending us a check at the end of the cruise. Between not using all of our shore excursion credits and OBC that was not used, we had about 100.00 sent to us.

I thought that you either used it or lost it...never expected a check.

I was really impressed with that....no other cruise line that I have sailed would do that.

But even better than that, she offered to simply refund my credit cards now while retaining my reservations and I can pay on board, which I gladly accepted.

I hope lots of people see this and are able to get the same thing. It would save any hassles.

I hope lots of people see this and are able to get the same thing. It would save any hassles.

I do too as there has been much discussion, but no clear answers other than to read the terms. After the phone call, I promptly received an updated confirmation email with the prices removed and the bottom now stating "All shore excursions will be charged to your onboard account."

If you ever get a call center person that cannot accomplish this, ask for the supervisor.

If you phone NCL and RESERVE the shorex you want to do as you have the shorex "perk" the charges; less any Platinum discounts; will be charged to your folio as soon as you board. On the evening of the day you do the shorex the shorex staff put the names forward and you will have that days $50 credited to your folio.

I thought if you don't use the excursion credits they simply disappear? Are you saying that if you don't use them, they will refund you the money after the cruise?

NCL will credit your onboard account after you actually go on an excursion up to $50 per port. If you had prepaid and don't spend the full amount of the shore excursion credit you earned actually going on excursions by disembarkation, NCL will mail you a check in the value you earned but did not spend.:o:halo:

Anybody have any knowledge about what happens to the per port credit if you don't take an excursion? Does it revert to one's OBC account for use on other things?

If you don’t use it for shore ex you lose it. Will not revert back to OBC.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you phone NCL and RESERVE the shorex you want to do as you have the shorex "perk" the charges; less any Platinum discounts; will be charged to your folio as soon as you board. On the evening of the day you do the shorex the shorex staff put the names forward and you will have that days $50 credited to your folio.

So what happens if we have a shorex reservation and decide not to go. Perhaps we don’t feel up to it that morning and just stay in the cabin. What is the cancelation policy? Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Last cruise(Spirit April 2018), I pre-booked 3 excursions some months beforehand and paid full price less the 15% Platinum Plus discount.

During the cruise we went on one of them and got the $50 credit to our OBA, and cancelled the 2 others and got the refunds to our OBA.

At the end of cruise we had a small bill so I can't say whether any were refundable or not.

I got sciatica (thanks to Rome cobblestones) so that was why we cancelled the 2 excursions. The monies we got back helped pay the acupuncture I had in the Spa - and THAT HELPED wonders! :D

So what happens if we have a shorex reservation and decide not to go. Perhaps we don’t feel up to it that morning and just stay in the cabin. What is the cancelation policy? Thanks.

48 hours before arriving in port for most excursions.

Some excursions are 72 hours before your cruise departs embarkation port (e.g., flight tours).

After cancellation period, you own the seat whether you take it or not.

48 hours before arriving in port for most excursions.

Some excursions are 72 hours before your cruise departs embarkation port (e.g., flight tours).

After cancellation period, you own the seat whether you take it or not.

True. The 2 excursions that we cancelled were over 48 hours.