What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

I wanted to come back and update. I’m the one who booked the very last available room on the Pride of America about two weeks ago for this Saturday (7/28/18). Got an inside guarantee (Sail Away) because I literally had no other options. Everything was sold out. My upgrade email came in a few days after I booked and I bid $120 on a balcony and $55 on an oceanview (I initially didn’t bid on the oceanview but added my bid once my room assignment came in). My room assignment came in earlier this week and I was assigned an inside room on deck 4 smack dab beneath the theater stage. Beggars can’t be choosers, right, and I knew when I booked the guarantee that anything was possible. I just wanted to get on the ship!

I got my upgrade confirmation this morning, two day’s before we sail. I was moved from inside on deck 4 to oceanview on deck 7. It appears from the deck plans that I will have a view of the life rafts but I’m happy to pay the extra $55 per person not to be under the theater stage. So I feel very, very lucky!

Congrats! Enjoy! I keep neurotically checking my email for a response to my bid for this sunday's cruise on the getaway.

Hi. I have never bid before. I have read this thread periodically.

We are 79 days out from sailing on the Getaway in October. While some folks on our roll call have gotten offers to upgrade, we have not. One person who has already gotten an upgrade offer is in a balcony stateroom.

We booked a spa balcony mini-suite. Do ya'll think that NCL is waiting to see if they can sell more Haven suites outright? There are quite a few Courtyard suites and 7 spa Haven suites left when I do a mock booking. Those are the only 2 rooms I would bid on. Thanks.

We are 79 days out from sailing on the Getaway in October. While some folks on our roll call have gotten offers to upgrade, we have not. One person who has already gotten an upgrade offer is in a balcony stateroom.

We booked a spa balcony mini-suite. Do ya'll think that NCL is waiting to see if they can sell more Haven suites outright? There are quite a few Courtyard suites and 7 spa Haven suites left when I do a mock booking. Those are the only 2 rooms I would bid on. Thanks.

Go to your home page on NCL and there should be a "let's get you upgraded" banner. Let us know if you're able to bid!

If you log into My NCL do you see a big ad on the main page that says "Let's Get You Upgraded"?

Hmmm... I am out of ideas. If others on your sailing are able to bid on Havens, there is no reason you shouldn't be able to as well.

The person that has already gotten an upgrade offer is in a balcony cabin, not a mini-suite (however he/she was offered the Haven to bid on). I will ask around some more on my roll call. I see in a recent message on this thread that someone got the offer at 60 days so maybe then. Thanks!

Come to think of it on my 2 previous NCL cruises, I booked a spa Haven suite and did not get an upgrade offer to my recollection.

We can't bid either. Apparently it's an issue with the spa cabins. According to the tech team, they are working on it :rolleyes:

I got an answer email from them confirming it's an issue with the spa cabins so I guess it's not just our cruise. We are on the Breakaway TA in October.

My guess is they have had complaints from people who originally booked into spa cabins, bid and lost their spa access and were upset. So they pulled the bidding from these cabins until they can figure out what to do. There are no Spa Havens available to be booked on my cruise.

Because when you read that your original perks go with you, a lot of people believe the perk of spa access goes to you when you book a spa cabin and that it doesn't belong to the cabin.

We can't bid either. Apparently it's an issue with the spa cabins. According to the tech team, they are working on it :rolleyes:

I got an answer email from them confirming it's an issue with the spa cabins so I guess it's not just our cruise. We are on the Breakaway TA in October.

My guess is they have had complaints from people who originally booked into spa cabins, bid and lost their spa access and were upset. So they pulled the bidding from these cabins until they can figure out what to do. There are no Spa Havens available to be booked on my cruise.

Because when you read that your original perks go with you, a lot of people believe the perk of spa access goes to you when you book a spa cabin and that it doesn't belong to the cabin.

It says right in the FAQ that you lose your spa access if you bid from a spa cabin up to a non-spa cabin. I guess people just don't read.

12. What happens if I am booked on a spa cabin?

If you are currently in a ‘Spa’ cabin and submit an Offer to upgrade to a higher category, we cannot guarantee that you will be assigned to another ‘Spa’ cabin within the upgraded category. If your offer is accepted and you do not get assigned to another ‘Spa’ cabin, you will be forfeiting the complimentary access to the Spa.

It says right in the FAQ that you lose your spa access if you bid from a spa cabin up to a non-spa cabin. I guess people just don't read.

12. What happens if I am booked on a spa cabin?

If you are currently in a ‘Spa’ cabin and submit an Offer to upgrade to a higher category, we cannot guarantee that you will be assigned to another ‘Spa’ cabin within the upgraded category. If your offer is accepted and you do not get assigned to another ‘Spa’ cabin, you will be forfeiting the complimentary access to the Spa.

Yes I understand I would lose my spa privileges if I bid on a Haven Courtyard and got it, but what if I only bid on a Spa Haven? (Personally I think everyone who pays Haven prices should get access to the spa, but I digress)

Thank you for this information. It makes sense but you were told it was a tech problem?? Perhaps they are working on changing the bidding process for spa cabins.

There are spa Havens available on my sailing. That is the only cabin I would bid on but now do not know if I will have a chance. NCL could fix this by just letting the spa cabins bid on another spa cabin with a disclaimer.

Of course if folks would just read the FAQ all would be perhaps be understood.:(

Yes I understand I would lose my spa privileges if I bid on a Haven Courtyard and got it, but what if I only bid on a Spa Haven? (Personally I think everyone who pays Haven prices should get access to the spa, but I digress)

My quote from the FAQ wasn't targeted at you. It was clear from your earlier post what your intentions were. I was commenting on MaryZ's post saying that they maybe took down the ability for people with spa cabins to bid for upgrades due to so many people being upset they lost their spa privileges. It's frustrating that they would punish everyone with a spa cabin simply because a few people failed to read.

If you get an upgrade do you also get the additional Captain Club tier points? I.e. Aqua 5 points a night vs Celebrity Suite 12 points a night.

You mean Latitudes points? No. If you upgrade to Haven via the bidding process, you do not get the additional Latitude point per night.

It's frustrating that they would punish everyone with a spa cabin simply because a few people failed to read.

I agree! Thank you.

Maybe they will come up with something.

If we had not just done an expensive land tour to Scotland and Ireland in June, I would just upgrade myself and pay the entire price. Really the only reason I want to go on this cruise is to visit with my son who is working on the ship. He and his friends cannot go in the Haven, so if I do not get it I will be fine. There are a bunch of activities I have not done on the Getaway because I was always in the Haven, so looking forward to trying out new things and going new places.

Edited by Seminole1975

Thank you for this information. It makes sense but you were told it was a tech problem?? Perhaps they are working on changing the bidding process for spa cabins.

There are spa Havens available on my sailing. That is the only cabin I would bid on but now do not know if I will have a chance. NCL could fix this by just letting the spa cabins bid on another spa cabin with a disclaimer.

Of course if folks would just read the FAQ all would be perhaps be understood.:(

So they say. It's the first time I have never received an offer to bid. So I questioned it.

So they say. It's the first time I have never received an offer to bid. So I questioned it.

I just called NCL for grins. The rep I spoke to first tried to tell me that there were probably no cabins to bid on higher than mine. I told her that a person on my sailing (on my roll call) is in a balcony (I am in a spa balcony mini-suite) and apparently she got on offer to bid on all cabins above her up to the to Haven Owners suite.

I told her that there are 7 Haven spa cabins available on the Getaway to book at this time on their website (October 14 sailing). I told her what you said about how it might be a technical problem.

She put me on hold and said she would call tech support. She came back in a few minutes and said that I would get an offer to bid in about a week. She did not specify what the issue was. We will see.