What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

That is definitely NOT normal, but another poster said they were seeing a redesigned version of the website. So maybe the new version doesn't have min/max bids anymore? I am still seeing the old version of the bidding site, so I can't be more help. Can someone who is seeing the new site and is familiar with both the old and new sites help out a bit more?

Hmmm...that's odd! Both my bids went through and when I look at My NCL they both say "pending" but there doesn't seem to be any indication of whether they are "good" or "bad" bids? I see the meter with the colours but it doesn't show any $$$ amount to indicate what is poor or average or good? I'm not too bothered as I am happy with what I booked at the price I booked so if I don't get upgraded then I am ok with it.

Single people are eligible if they are booked in a double-occupancy room, they just have to pay double their upgrade bid. But the solo studio cabins are not a part of the upgrade program.

Posted January 20th, 2018, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by steffymi There are a lot of posts in this thread, and I browsed a few pages for the answer, but figured I’d just ask.

Has anyone in a
solo
cabin ever gotten an upgrade? What if I were to call and ask for one? I’m less than a month out from sailing.

Thanks!

S

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes

22 Princess

2 RC

3 Carnival

1 Holland

2 NCL

Me too, solo cabin, sail away rate. My offers showed up Vacation Home a few days after i booked and made final payment.

There are many posts on the old thread that refute your statement that solos are not invited to bid

Received our 80 day out email last week. Wondering do the minimum bids change as the cruise gets closer, either higher or lower? If so might make sense to wait?

Thanks

The min/max bids do not change. But prices on staterooms might change, do definitely keep an eye on those and adjust/cancel bids accordingly. For instance we had a couple of people earlier in the thread post that prices had dropped so much on Haven suites that they went ahead and paid full price for the upgrade directly and canceled their bids.

Posted January 20th, 2018, 02:12 PM

Originally posted by steffymi There are a lot of posts in this thread, and I browsed a few pages for the answer, but figured I’d just ask.

Has anyone in a
solo
cabin ever gotten an upgrade? What if I were to call and ask for one? I’m less than a month out from sailing.

Thanks!

S

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes

22 Princess

2 RC

3 Carnival

1 Holland

2 NCL

Me too, solo cabin, sail away rate. My offers showed up Vacation Home a few days after i booked and made final payment.

There are many posts on the old thread that refute your statement that solos are not invited to bid

Are you talking about the studio cabins on the Breakaway/BA+ ships? There is no "sail away" rate for studio cabins. There is only one rate, as it is all one category. I have been led to believe over the course of this and many other threads that studio cabins are not part of the Upgrade Advantage program. If I am wrong and they are eligible, what categories can they bid up to? Inside and Ocean View?

The min/max bids do not change. But prices on staterooms might change, do definitely keep an eye on those and adjust/cancel bids accordingly. For instance we had a couple of people earlier in the thread post that prices had dropped so much on Haven suites that they went ahead and paid full price for the upgrade directly and canceled their bids.

That's me! Our bid for the Haven Penthouse was $700pp, but the price dropped so much that the actual cost to just direct upgrade was $740 total when taking into account the extra OBC, excursion credits and internet we received. Definitely worth watching the prices at least daily, as the price we grabbed was only there for a few days before it went back up several hundred dollars per person.

I just now got the upgrade ”offer to bid” at 68 days out and it is a joke. Prices have fallen so much that a balcony is now only $10/person more than what I paid for an OV. Being that it is after final payment I can’t very well just rebook for that $10/person extra.

Their beginning poor bid is $50/person....yeah, right.

I always book what I want at a price I can live with so it’s a no-brainer. I caution others to not get caught up in the “excitement” this bidding process might make you feel, lol.

Call NCL & see if they are willing to change you from OV to balcony for current price. Never hurts to ask & it has worked for some.

I got a sail away mini suite on the Bliss and got the upgrade email. Issue I am running into is that, they assigned me a cabin #, 13198, and I have called twice to check for an upgrade to a spa suite and they keep telling me no, even though i can see some when trying to do a mock book. They keep telling me that because I already got a cabin # assigned, there is no complimentary upgrade, even though i am not asking for a complimentary one.

I did bid on Haven suites, but i doubt i will get one, being an Alaska cruise.

Are you talking about the studio cabins on the Breakaway/BA+ ships? There is no "sail away" rate for studio cabins. There is only one rate, as it is all one category. I have been led to believe over the course of this and many other threads that studio cabins are not part of the Upgrade Advantage program. If I am wrong and they are eligible, what categories can they bid up to? Inside and Ocean View?

Well to tell you the truth Jamie, I am not sure, there is so much conflicting info on this subject, a few posters who have self appointed themselves the guru of all answers, who knows, what got you upgraded may not work in my favor and so on. If they can upgrade I would think inside or ocean view?? Maybe they are confusing the terms single as in one person and solo as single in a solo studio.

Bottom line any and all responses are guesses as we really don't know all the schematics of someones ability to get upgraded so many variables come into play. Your response of bid what you are comfortable with, if you win great, if not more money to spend on board, in port is the best advise I have read )

We received the upgrade email exactly 80 days out and on the 66th day we received an approval email,which surprised me how early it came. We had an inside room on deck 14 adjoining with our friends and both our friends and I were upgraded to a mid-ship balcony on deck 11 and we are just one room away from each other. We are sailing on the Escape 9/30/2018. We both bid $75 per person per cabin - so for $150 more we got the perfect rooms and they are near the elevator and steps! We are so excited!

We received the upgrade email exactly 80 days out and on the 66th day we received an approval email,which surprised me how early it came. We had an inside room on deck 14 adjoining with our friends and both our friends and I were upgraded to a mid-ship balcony on deck 11 and we are just one room away from each other. We are sailing on the Escape 9/30/2018. We both bid $75 per person per cabin - so for $150 more we got the perfect rooms and they are near the elevator and steps! We are so excited!

Congrats and enjoy your cruise

I got a sail away mini suite on the Bliss and got the upgrade email. Issue I am running into is that, they assigned me a cabin #, 13198, and I have called twice to check for an upgrade to a spa suite and they keep telling me no, even though i can see some when trying to do a mock book. They keep telling me that because I already got a cabin # assigned, there is no complimentary upgrade, even though i am not asking for a complimentary one.

I did bid on Haven suites, but i doubt i will get one, being an Alaska cruise.

Sailaway rates you can't upgrade yourself to a new cabin. What you get, you get. Had you booked that mini at the rate it costs to pick your cabin, you would have been able to pay the difference.

I will cross my fingers for you that you get your upgrade from a bid.

Typically people receive an email about 80 days prior to sailing. Some people never get the email, but can see the "Let's Get You Upgraded" ad on the main page of My NCL when they go in to view their trip.

Some people don't get the opportunity to bid and here are a couple of reasons why that might be the case:

1. Currently (and supposedly only temporarily), those who are booked in Spa staterooms at any level are not eligible for upgrades.

As noted in a previous post, NCL says it is a "technical" issue as to why those of us with a spa cabin have not received an upgrade notice yet. I was told I would get one this week sometime. No where I have seen says that we are not eligible at all for an upgrade. We shall see what happens. Still have not gotten an offer. Will let ya'll know if and when I do.

Still a tech issue. I sent an email late last night saying it's been a week, please fix it.

They emailed me today after 3pm saying they are trying to fix it. They are now fully aware of the issue :D

At one point, they will have it fixed. They've had bad glitches before and fixed them. I will be sure to post if I get the bid banner too.

We are on this cruise. I had been stalking the spa balconies, and around this same time, several came open with a price drop. Congrats on your winning bid!!

Sailaway rates you can't upgrade yourself to a new cabin. What you get, you get. Had you booked that mini at the rate it costs to pick your cabin, you would have been able to pay the difference.

I will cross my fingers for you that you get your upgrade from a bid.

Good to know. Ya, i didnt worry about mini-suite placement, and it was cheaper to get the UDP for 5 nights than pay the extra for me selecting my cabin. We lucked out and are on the middle of the ship on deck 13. Cant ask for a better spot for us, besides a Haven suite.

Studio cabins, are NOT offered bids. BUT a "solo" cruiser- in any other cabin, DOES get bid offers. They will pay, for 2 people with the single person bid that is done. So the upgrade will cost them double the bid amount.

I've booked less than a week prior and have gotten bids, as a solo. I never book a studio, they aren't very cheap. I do much better with sail away rates.

I always book sail away rates and have gotten several bid emails. I sail at least every month, 6 NCL cruises this year.

Studio cabins, are NOT offered bids. BUT a "solo" cruiser- in any other cabin, DOES get bid offers. They will pay, for 2 people with the single person bid that is done. So the upgrade will cost them double the bid amount.

I've booked less than a week prior and have gotten bids, as a solo. I never book a studio, they aren't very cheap. I do much better with sail away rates.

I always book sail away rates and have gotten several bid emails. I sail at least every month, 6 NCL cruises this year.

Okay, so the info in my original post about conditions under which one might not receive the upgrade offer was correct. I explicitly said studio cabins. I think it got derailed because people read the "solo" part and not he "studio cabin" part.

Okay, so the info in my original post about conditions under which one might not receive the upgrade offer was correct. I explicitly said studio cabins. I think it got derailed because people read the "solo" part and not he "studio cabin" part.

Yes, I think that is what happened :)

Still a tech issue. I sent an email late last night saying it's been a week, please fix it.

They emailed me today after 3pm saying they are trying to fix it. They are now fully aware of the issue :D

At one point, they will have it fixed. They've had bad glitches before and fixed them. I will be sure to post if I get the bid banner too.

Where did you find the email address please to ask them about this?

Studio cabins are not part of the bidding process.

Solo cruises in Inside or above can upgrade, but still pay double occupancy - so if they bid $50 per person to go from inside to OV and win, they would be charged $100 total.

Studio cabins are not part of the bidding process.

Solo cruises in Inside or above can upgrade, but still pay double occupancy - so if they bid $50 per person to go from inside to OV and win, they would be charged $100 total.

That's exactly what I have been saying since my first post on the topic, but then people kept coming back and saying I was wrong.

I'm sailing this Sun on Escape and put in a bid for the Spa Haven. When I check my page it doesn't say the usual "Let's get you upgraded" but just print your edocs. If I go to my browser and go directly to the upgrade link it says still pending. Since they don't send out decline notices, when can I pretty much give up hope that I didn't get the bid? I know the it says anywhere until 48 hours before sailing but it seems like many people have posted that it was about a week out. Anyone get upgraded so close to leaving?

I'm sailing this Sun on Escape and put in a bid for the Spa Haven. When I check my page it doesn't say the usual "Let's get you upgraded" but just print your edocs. If I go to my browser and go directly to the upgrade link it says still pending. Since they don't send out decline notices, when can I pretty much give up hope that I didn't get the bid? I know the it says anywhere until 48 hours before sailing but it seems like many people have posted that it was about a week out. Anyone get upgraded so close to leaving?

They do send out decline notices, but not until the very last second. I don't think you should give up hope until then. Our upgrade bid from an interior room to a balcony wasn't accepted until around noon on the Thursday before our Saturday sailing on the Gem in June.