What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

The third-party system that NCL uses for the upgrade processing (Plusgrade) is primarily used for airlines. I can imagine that airline upgrades are slightly more straight-forward. If NCL has asked them to code something that will ensure spa passengers can only be booked into higher spa categories, that is probably a significant change to their algorithm for processing bids. You wouldn't necessarily want to give spa passengers priority when upgrading over non-spa passengers, but you would want to try to "fairly" match spa passengers to spa cabins where it made financial sense to do so. Probably not easy to work out the kinks.

Thank you.

Interesting. I had no idea how this all works. And surely they will wait until everyone has a chance to bid before making their decision. I will let ya'll know if I get an offer. (And there may be an occasional passenger who would be glad to upgrade to a higher Haven cabin, give up their spa room and then buy the spa outright. I don't know).

Yes. A spa balcony mini-suite. I know they say they have been having issues with spa cabins, but what kind of "technical issue" can be so complicated?:confused:

No idea but since having been in contact with them for a few weeks now, my expectation is that I will not be offered to upgrade.

I'm fine with that. I booked the spa cabin because I wanted it and I'm still happy I did.

I think the best thing maybe would be to break the spas out into their own categories the way the Havens are broken out into separate bid categories. That way people who are in a regular balcony could maybe bid for a spa balcony? People who are in spa cabins and don't want to lose spa privileges could limit their bids to the spa categories. Like if you were in a spa balcony already, you could bid on a spa mini-suite or the spa Haven? And if you didn't care about losing your spa privileges they could just put BIG, BOLD text all over the place warning you that you will lose your spa privileges if you bid on non-spa rooms.

No idea but since having been in contact with them for a few weeks now, my expectation is that I will not be offered to upgrade.

I'm fine with that. I booked the spa cabin because I wanted it and I'm still happy I did.

I called the tech dept. number late last week. The tech guy put me on hold to call the tech department lol! He again told me it was a technical issue and they did not know when it would be fixed. I too am done. I will be happy with my room as well. We will see. I was thinking that everyone got the opportunity to upgrade, but apparently not.

I think the best thing maybe would be to break the spas out into their own categories the way the Havens are broken out into separate bid categories. That way people who are in a regular balcony could maybe bid for a spa balcony? People who are in spa cabins and don't want to lose spa privileges could limit their bids to the spa categories. Like if you were in a spa balcony already, you could bid on a spa mini-suite or the spa Haven? And if you didn't care about losing your spa privileges they could just put BIG, BOLD text all over the place warning you that you will lose your spa privileges if you bid on non-spa rooms.

That is what I was thinking. Makes perfect sense.

how strange! i did several and even asked them why i wasnt being offered the chance to bid and they told me they no longer participate after problems earlier in the program. I have actually switched to another agency and have now been offered chance to bid

edit to add - just saw your other post - ah ha

Now that I know my TA doesn't participate, I will not be booking my future NCL cruises with them. :(

Now that I know my TA doesn't participate, I will not be booking my future NCL cruises with them. :(

Yes I have moved on from them as well, not so much because of that but more due to finding a more personal agent who also gets good group rates

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Today is the 80 day mark until our cruise. I have not received an email offer to bid on an upgrade. Does that mean I am not going to? :(:(:(

Not necessarily. We didn't receive our upgrade email until 25 days out and it's still not showing on my booking page online.

Hey Everyone--

So I bid on an upgrade from a mini-suite to a Haven suite for the NCL Epic cruise that leaves from Barcelona this upcoming Sunday. If I haven't heard anything about that bid being accepted at this point in time is it safe to assume I won't be getting an upgrade? Or is there still hope? Thanks in advance!

Hey Everyone--

So I bid on an upgrade from a mini-suite to a Haven suite for the NCL Epic cruise that leaves from Barcelona this upcoming Sunday. If I haven't heard anything about that bid being accepted at this point in time is it safe to assume I won't be getting an upgrade? Or is there still hope? Thanks in advance!

There is always hope! Technically, they won't let you know if your bid id DECLINED until 48 hours out. Usually, for Haven upgrades, they seem to process those a bit earlier than the rest so you will likely hear by tomorrow if your bid is accepted. Also, be sure to check your bid page and you actual credit card activity, because they are bit slow to send out the emails if/when they accept your bid.

We board the breakaway on Thursday and have heard nothing yet, given up all hope of our upgrade to a haven room.

I board the Breakaway next Saturday the 18th, received my email upgrading me to Haven around July 11th.

Had interior room on Bliss deck 5, I bid $95pp for 2 people and got accepted yesterday. $190 more I am now in a connecting balcony room (not being connected to another room) on deck 8! We are leaving the 25th so I guess it isn't sold out.

We just received our upgrade from mini suite with large balcony to a Haven 2 bedroom family villa on Norwegian breakaway. We are still 67 days from sail away. Now I’m thinking I over bid. �� We are still super excited. We bid $1510. It was barely above the poor range.

Had you been tracking Haven prices on your sailing? Any idea if they dropped the price today? And congrats!