What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Just received a decline for NCL Bliss for August 4th out of Seattle. Bid on inside stateroom to ocean view at $50 and balcony stateroom at $210

You can guess which one I was gunning for - no worries it will still be a great cruise!

I'm going on August 11th. Your cruise was sold out pretty fast. The 11th is too. We made some bids but not expecting anything from what I have heard.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Forums mobile app

I just received the upgrade email for my cruise that departs in 80 days. It provided me with upgrade offers from the Haven 2 bedroom to the Haven Spa Suite, all at different upgrade amounts (but starting at $500). There are five different upgrade room options. Now my question...when I go on www.ncl.com and attempt to book a Haven cabin (to see room availability), it shows several of the cabin type "Sold Out". Why would they offer these in the upgrades if they are sold out? There only appears to be a handful of available Haven cabins. I guess that would mean the likelihood of getting the upgrade without paying a lot would be nil.

I just received the upgrade email for my cruise that departs in 80 days. It provided me with upgrade offers from the Haven 2 bedroom to the Haven Spa Suite, all at different upgrade amounts (but starting at $500). There are five different upgrade room options. Now my question...when I go on www.ncl.com and attempt to book a Haven cabin (to see room availability), it shows several of the cabin type "Sold Out". Why would they offer these in the upgrades if they are sold out? There only appears to be a handful of available Haven cabins. I guess that would mean the likelihood of getting the upgrade without paying a lot would be nil.

My guess is that NCL is just playing it safe and getting bids in case someone in a haven cabin cancels the cruise.

80 days out exactly received the upgrade offer. Mini to Haven was all there was lowest starting bid was 750 per person. That’s a non starter for me oh well! We’ll still have a great cruise. Good luck to everybody else.:cool:

We got an offer to upgrade from an aft balcony...we bid on an aft haven, spa haven and forward facing haven...we sail on the Getaway on 9/30 for our honeymoon and have our fingers crossed!!!

Keep watching those prices everyday. We had bid $700 per person to upgrade on our Getaway cruise. Then, overnight, the price of the Haven Courtyard Penthouse cabins dropped so much we were able to direct upgrade for a total cost of $740 due to the extra OBC we received.

Keep watching those prices everyday. We had bid $700 per person to upgrade on our Getaway cruise. Then, overnight, the price of the Haven Courtyard Penthouse cabins dropped so much we were able to direct upgrade for a total cost of $740 due to the extra OBC we received.

Hi dave, did you watch the prices on NCLs website? I keep checking to see how many are open still and they all start at $2499.

Chris

Hi dave, did you watch the prices on NCLs website? I keep checking to see how many are open still and they all start at $2499.

Chris

Yes, I did. I did mock bookings every morning, lunchtime, evening, and before bed (kind of obsessive :')). One night it was $2499pp, the next morning it was $1999pp. I called NCL at exactly 8:00 AM and made the upgrade on the phone. We already had the UBP and SDP from our mini-suite reservation, they added an additional $300 OBC, internet, and the excursion credits as part of the upgrade.

Today is the 80 day mark until our cruise. I have not received an email offer to bid on an upgrade. Does that mean I am not going to? :(:(:(

Check your MyNCL account online. See if it has the “Let’s Get You Upgraded” link. Also check your spam and/or junk folders in your email. There are times it comes at 70 or even 60 days out.

Yes, I did. I did mock bookings every morning, lunchtime, evening, and before bed (kind of obsessive :')). One night it was $2499pp, the next morning it was $1999pp. I called NCL at exactly 8:00 AM and made the upgrade on the phone. We already had the UBP and SDP from our mini-suite reservation, they added an additional $300 OBC, internet, and the excursion credits as part of the upgrade.

Awesome!! I will continue checking every morning at 4am when I get up lol!!! And midday and at dinner!!! I've been doing the same with the obsessive checking if their website along with my emails!!

Sailing on the Escape to New England in 52 days and put my bid in on Monday for upgrade from inside to balcony and got my approval email today. Last time I was approved three days before the cruise. I turned platinum plus on my last cruise, I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Methinks our bid to upgrade from inside to a balcony for Breakaway’s September 14th Baltic cruise won’t get accepted.

Our cruise isn’t showing on the Norwegian site at all though I can find a few cabins on other online sites but only for embarkation/disembarkation in Warnemunde, our first port. Presumably some folks from the cruise before ours have that as their start/finish.

Oh well....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allowing bids on sold out categories serves NCL in two ways. First, if someone cancels last-minute, they can get the money from the upgrade. Second, it gives them valuable data on what people are willing to pay for an upgrade, which helps them set future pricing.

Sailing on the Escape to New England in 52 days and put my bid in on Monday for upgrade from inside to balcony and got my approval email today. Last time I was approved three days before the cruise. I turned platinum plus on my last cruise, I wonder if that had something to do with it.

Did the prices drop shortly after you received your acceptance? We have observed that early acceptances often precede price drops. They want to "lock in" your higher bid, since a lot of people will lower their bids once prices drop.

Edit: Oops, nope. Looks like your sailing is now "sold out", so they probably just went ahead and processed all the bids.

I have a party of 5 - booked the Family Oceanview room...I wouldn't be able to get the option to bid for balcony b/c it only fits 4. Would they allow me the chance to book a Haven suite that would fit 5?