What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

Yes, I have definitely been tracking. No drop as of today.

Okay/ Can you let us know if there is any change tomorrow? It seems that early bid acceptance usually precedes a drop in price or the sailing being removed from the NCL site for bookings because it is at/near capacity. Want to see if yours fits that pattern or not.

Oh, when did you enter your bid by the way? Right at the 80 day mark or more recently?

NCL Pearl Alaska August 12th thru 19th. Put a bid in from an Inside cabin to a Balcony $175 per person $350 total and was turned down. The bid was16% of the price difference between an inside and a balcony.

Wow, balconies on that sailing must have been VERY pricey. Which I guess makes sense for an Alaska cruise. Usually, the price difference between an inside and balcony is in the $300-600 per person range, not over $1000!

We just received our upgrade from mini suite with large balcony to a Haven 2 bedroom family villa on Norwegian breakaway. We are still 67 days from sail away. Now I’m thinking I over bid. �� We are still super excited. We bid $1510. It was barely above the poor range.

Does it really matter if you overbid? If you were happy placing the bid, you should just enjoy being super excited that you got it!

Now, if you want an opinion on did you overbid, I would say most definitely by looking at the pricing on your cruise.

But...for most people the point of bidding is not the chase and adventure of bidding but the thrill of the win. You won!! :D

• Like 1

Wow, balconies on that sailing must have been VERY pricey. Which I guess makes sense for an Alaska cruise. Usually, the price difference between an inside and balcony is in the $300-600 per person range, not over $1000!

$1070 per person difference between an inside and balcony.

We just received our upgrade from mini suite with large balcony to a Haven 2 bedroom family villa on Norwegian breakaway. We are still 67 days from sail away. Now I’m thinking I over bid. �� We are still super excited. We bid $1510. It was barely above the poor range.

Congratulations! Yours is a longer cruise, so more time to enjoy to extra luxury!

I certainly don’t know if you “overbid”, but as long as you are comfortable with the price, who cares at this point. Just enjoy the experience. How many people in your suite?

I feel like I should know the answer to this but I keep second guessing myself. When we booked our next cruise we were able to take advantage of the 3rd and 4th passenger offer. This is no longer offered for our sailing.

I know if you bid to upgrade the upgrade/bid cost is only for the first two passengers. Also, you keep whatever promos you have but do not get additional that may come with the new cabin, if applicable (ie: if you have the UBP, you keep UBP, etc). Does the same hold true for the 3rd and 4th passenger offer if it is no longer an option for new bookings? Or would we see some additional fee for our daughter (3rd passenger) if we bid and won an upgrade?

I feel like I should know the answer to this but I keep second guessing myself. When we booked our next cruise we were able to take advantage of the 3rd and 4th passenger offer. This is no longer offered for our sailing.

I know if you bid to upgrade the upgrade/bid cost is only for the first two passengers. Also, you keep whatever promos you have but do not get additional that may come with the new cabin, if applicable (ie: if you have the UBP, you keep UBP, etc). Does the same hold true for the 3rd and 4th passenger offer if it is no longer an option for new bookings? Or would we see some additional fee for our daughter (3rd passenger) if we bid and won an upgrade?

The upgrade charge only applies to 1st and 2nd passengers. 3rd & 4th would still be free but make sure that you are bidding on a category that will accommodate 4 people!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If I am looking at the right rooms, the difference in cost is currently 2450, so still a good deal, congrats!! There is a large number of Haven rooms left though, so I wonder if the price will come down.

The upgrade charge only applies to 1st and 2nd passengers. 3rd & 4th would still be free but make sure that you are bidding on a category that will accommodate 4 people!

The bidding system will only let you bid on rooms that hold your number of passengers, so they won’t even see the option to bid on a Courtyard or Spa Haven Suite.

Congrats!!! I too won my bid from a mini suite to Haven 2 bedroom. I put my bid in as soon as I received the invite,

I bid $1250 and it was in poor range. I sail on 08/18 and received my email for the upgrade on 07/11.

The sailing was gone from the web site before I got the upgrade so I assumed ship was full and I would not get the upgrade.

Prices never dropped, had I just paid to upgrade myself it would have been around $5-6K, can't exactly remember as I threw all my tracking notes away.

Enjoy, I know we will :) more room for 3 of us on a 9 day sailing that is fully sold out

I originally placed my upgrade bid on a Haven H7 cabin only. I’m now thinking if I bid also on an H5 and an H9 it would increase my chances. My cruise leaves on 9/23. How much would this increase my chances if I add the H5 & H9 bids?

I originally placed my upgrade bid on a Haven H7 cabin only. I’m now thinking if I bid also on an H5 and an H9 it would increase my chances. My cruise leaves on 9/23. How much would this increase my chances if I add the H5 & H9 bids?

I doubt anybody can quantify how much it will increase your chances, but I think bidding on more categories would tend to increase your odds of winning. Would you be happy in H5 or H9 at the minimum bid (or higher) price? Or would you instead be sad you missed out on a beloved H7?

I sail GA the same day. Are you on BA? There are many haven suites lavailable on my sailing. I bid every Haven category that would make us happy for the price. Our bids may be too low to win, especially for the high end suites, but that’s all I’d be willing to pay. I don’t have my heart set on any of them, and I’ll be plenty happy in our balcony cabin if we the bids are not accepted.

Had interior room on Bliss deck 5, I bid $95pp for 2 people and got accepted yesterday. $190 more I am now in a connecting balcony room (not being connected to another room) on deck 8! We are leaving the 25th so I guess it isn't sold out.

That’s great. You give me hope that I might get into a balcony in September. Thanks for sharing.

I doubt anybody can quantify how much it will increase your chances, but I think bidding on more categories would tend to increase your odds of winning. Would you be happy in H5 or H9 at the minimum bid (or higher) price? Or would you instead be sad you missed out on a beloved H7?

I sail GA the same day. Are you on BA? There are many haven suites lavailable on my sailing. I bid every Haven category that would make us happy for the price. Our bids may be too low to win, especially for the high end suites, but that’s all I’d be willing to pay. I don’t have my heart set on any of them, and I’ll be plenty happy in our balcony cabin if we the bids are not accepted.

Yes on the BA, but can’t tell if there is available Haven cabins. Tried to do mock booking, but they have taken the cruise off the site. Does that mean it’s all booked? Any other way of telling if there is available Haven cabins?

Yes on the BA, but can’t tell if there is available Haven cabins. Tried to do mock booking, but they have taken the cruise off the site. Does that mean it’s all booked? Any other way of telling if there is available Haven cabins?

It might mean they are fully booked, at least with enough gty bookings to fill the ship. They could have upgrades to sell to then fulfill lower level gty bookings. Or the cruise could reappear, I suppose, if they are doing some internal machinations. Or somebody could cancel, leaving a last minute upgrade opportunity for another party. If you are interested in those other categories at the bid prices, I’d say enter the bids; worth a shot.

I’m booked on the Bliss for an Alaska cruise on September 15. I booked an inside Sailaway. I bid $320 ($160 pp) for a balcony. I didn’t bid on an ocean view. Today, I got notification that my bid was accepted and I was assigned a BA balcony. I’m happy. It’s on deck 15, so there might be some noise from above, but it’s the same deck as the Observation Lounge which, I think, will be nice. I’ll bring earplugs. I probably bid too much, but it’s okay. I’m happy. Last year, on Princess, I paid $400 for an upsell to a balcony on an Alaska cruise in September. Quite similar and I’m paying less on the Bliss. Will they send new luggage tags?

I’m booked on the Bliss for an Alaska cruise on September 15. I booked an inside Sailaway. I bid $320 ($160 pp) for a balcony. I didn’t bid on an ocean view. Today, I got notification that my bid was accepted and I was assigned a BA balcony. I’m happy. It’s on deck 15, so there might be some noise from above, but it’s the same deck as the Observation Lounge which, I think, will be nice. I’ll bring earplugs. I probably bid too much, but it’s okay. I’m happy. Last year, on Princess, I paid $400 for an upsell to a balcony on an Alaska cruise in September. Quite similar and I’m paying less on the Bliss. Will they send new luggage tags?

Congratulations! You’ll need to print your luggage tags by bring up your edocs and look for a drawing of a suitcase that says “Print Luggage Tags Here”

Congratulations! You’ll need to print your luggage tags by bring up your edocs and look for a drawing of a suitcase that says “Print Luggage Tags Here”

Thanks. I’m used to printing luggage tags on other cruise lines. I was surprised that NCL mailed me them for my original cabin.

After my upgrade bid was accepted about 45 days out they mailed me luggage tags