What was your upgrade offer and what did you bid

CCHelp

3 hours ago, xcell said:

Congrats --that's a 12 day cruise right?  Great deal either way. I'm wondering when the Havens will start being accepted/rejected.

I'm not in the running for one but have been watching the Havens on the above 12 night Dec 9th Escape cruise with interest.

I'm completely fascinated by the upgrade process and have been watching the Haven suites for the past few weeks as sail date approaches because there was lots of availability across most Haven categories.

Looks like they started dolling out upgrades on Monday and processed quite a few this morning as inventory went from 50 suites last night to 35 this morning. Today marks 11 days to sail away. 

Depending on the Haven availability for your sail date you could possibly see Havens being awarded within a similar time frame. Good luck! 

Looks like the majority of upgrades to Haven for the 12/9/28 sailing on the Escape are happening today.  After being fairly stable the last several weeks, the available inventory has been decreasing since about 8am this morning, a couple of rooms in each category each hour (OK, I am recently retired and still trying to develop meaningful hobbies, so I am checking way too often!).   Hoping the upgrade fairly will deem us worthy!

Good luck to all

31 minutes ago, Wizpharm2 said:

(OK, I am recently retired and still trying to develop meaningful hobbies, so I am checking way too often!)

25 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

If constantly monitoring cruise ship inventories isn't a meaningful hobby, then I'm in trouble!

I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I've lost my mind, what with the constant checking and spreadsheet I'm keeping of price and inventory data for our upcoming cruise...

3 minutes ago, Phaedrus78 said:

I'm pretty sure my wife thinks I've lost my mind, what with the constant checking and spreadsheet I'm keeping of price and inventory data for our upcoming cruise...

I have kept spreadsheets of pricing and inventory for our last two cruises and our upcoming 3 cruises. It's even better now that an earlier poster clued me into the site that shows ALL available rooms, not just 15 within each category. It's become a more efficient process, but no less obsessive. Also, I'll use almost any excuse to make a spreadsheet. Something is very wrong with my brain in that I love spreadsheets. I currently have 5 spreadsheets that I update on a daily basis that have nothing to do with my job!

1 hour ago, JamieLogical said:

s. I currently have 5 spreadsheets that I update on a daily basis that have nothing to do with my job!

Only 5...there is something very wrong with you...LOL

The only thing better than creating new spreadsheet, is a creating a new database,

16 hours ago, jkburns said:

Still waiting on my two bids on Bliss - THIS COMING WEEKEND.

Everyone in the Secret Department of NCL Upgrade Department: You are powerful and attractive people. I always wear my seatbelt and I call my Mom twice a week. I always promptly attend the muster drill and I never, ever try to sneak alcohol on board. 

Just sayin'   🙂

ROFL -   nice try.   Nothing like sucking up!   Keep us posted.

BTW:  In case NCL upgrade dept reading this.... I COMPLETELY agree with everything said above.

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I have kept spreadsheets of pricing and inventory for our last two cruises and our upcoming 3 cruises. It's even better now that an earlier poster clued me into the site that shows ALL available rooms, not just 15 within each category. It's become a more efficient process, but no less obsessive. Also, I'll use almost any excuse to make a spreadsheet. Something is very wrong with my brain in that I love spreadsheets. I currently have 5 spreadsheets that I update on a daily basis that have nothing to do with my job!

I've looked for that post and site, no luck.  Any help?  Thanks.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

I think you might have been on our little obsessive cruise prep thread a while back?! I hate spreadsheets, although I did create one to compare important variables to compare cruises, but otherwise super organized and enjoy getting prepped for cruising. It would be wonderful to have a way to auto update based on pricing changes. Back in the day when HTML was per notepad (LOL), you could just get a notice of a change on the page. But now... I don’t know how anyone would track on the fly pages...

What kind of spreadsheets have you found most helpful?

Lynn

On 11/25/2018 at 12:26 AM, Phaedrus78 said:

Making another check-in with my crazed effort to make sense of the NCL Upgrade Bidding system...

Sailing: Epic 1/23/18 - 10 days, Western Caribbean

Currently Booked: Inside Stateroom, Category ID

Bids on: Balcony, Spa Balcony, Mini Suite, Spa Mini Sute

Days until Departure: 59

Over the past 8 days, there have been 2 sets of price changes.  Inside rooms are now about $130/pp more expensive on average, balcony and mini suites are up $20/pp, Haven prices are down $50 on aft-facing, up $50 on spa, and down $150 for courtyard, family and deluxe.

Several categories are selling Guaranteed only, so I can't get inventory on some inside (IF, ID, IA), balcony (BF, B6), or mini suites (MD, MC).  Inventory I can see for inside (I1) has dropped from 28 to 8 in spite of the price increases.  Balcony (B4, B3) has dropped from 44 to 37.  Mini suite (M3, M9) has actually increased from 14 to 16, and Haven has only moved from 28 to 23.  

I've seen some strange things going on with bid maximums in the 4 categories I've bid in.  I was seeing some fluctuations during the week, but those seem to have evened out over the past couple of days.  Regular balcony remains the same with max at $400.  Weirdly, the mini-suite max bid has dropped down to $300 and is the lowest of any of the 4.  Spa balcony is down to $400, the same as a regular balcony, and mini suite spa has dropped down to $450.

I'm not sure what to make of all this, but my thought would be that they're having some trouble selling the higher-end rooms and running low on inside rooms.  I'm hopeful this means that we'll see some bids processing sooner rather than later to help balance out the available inventory.  We'll see, with 59 days to do we're starting to get into the range where some have reported seeing bids process within the next couple of weeks.

Hi - we are on this cruise - egads but I am ready for it!  Good luck on your bidding- we love the Haven ( mostly the 2br 2ba). We pulled out of the roll call for a few reasons, so won’t be on the cabin crawl, but come visit (warning warning warning ⚠️ it is addictive!)

I went to the above mentioned site to check inventory for my cruise. Working on upgrading from midship interior to a balcony/spa balcony. There is a crazy amount of available balcony cabins, close to 215. I dropped my bids to just over the minimum, but now I am overthinking it and I am worried I might get penalized for reducing my bid. Crazy thoughts, I know. Has anyone ever won a bid after doing a reduced bid after their original higher bid. Looking for peace of mind. Thanks. Still 66 days out.

Edited by jessykaw

@jessykaw if I were you I would not worry, almost the entire process is one of programming (human biases aren’t involved). The computer won’t care 😊 Try not to stress over it. Honestly, you have to laugh at the “poor” bid stuff, a slider trying to psych you out so you give the cruiseline more money. For me a good bid is whatever wins and the slider’s programming has no real insight into that. 

Happy Sailing 🧜🏼‍♀️

Lynn

Edited by 2Beeze

20 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

If constantly monitoring cruise ship inventories isn't a meaningful hobby, then I'm in trouble!

You'll have to check out Royal Caribbean "Royal Up" program which is compatible to this one.  It's new and people are so confused.  I also read they do this on Celebrity (sister to RC).

I'm making myself crazy with tracking inventory! I'm bidding from an aft balcony to Haven and since last week the inventory has gone down by more than 50%. for our January 12 Epic sailing. Those rooms had been going no where before last week, but the steady drop over the last week has me thinking that maybe they are doing some upgrades. I've moved my bid up, down, and then do it all over again- it's madness, lol.

NCL upgrade fairy.... I'm waiting :classic_rolleyes:

16 minutes ago, tbo said:

I'm making myself crazy with tracking inventory! I'm bidding from an aft balcony to Haven and since last week the inventory has gone down by more than 50%. for our January 12 Epic sailing. Those rooms had been going no where before last week, but the steady drop over the last week has me thinking that maybe they are doing some upgrades. I've moved my bid up, down, and then do it all over again- it's madness, lol.

NCL upgrade fairy.... I'm waiting :classic_rolleyes:

I wouldn't bother tracking inventory.  Bid what you would be comfortable paying and wait to be notified. Don't be upset if you don't win but winning is so exciting!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, fridaythe13th said:

I wouldn't bother tracking inventory.  Bid what you would be comfortable paying and wait to be notified. Don't be upset if you don't win but winning is so exciting!

Certainly won't be upset if I don't win-we are in an aft facing balcony and have spa passes for the week-it's gonna be a sweet 11 days either way! You are right about bidding, set it and forget it. Winning would be exciting, waiting is the hard part.