Waitlist Questions

katz

Reminds me of a Seinfeld where Jerry Seinfeld goes to pick up a rental car with a reservation, then the rental car lady says they have no cars. Jerry instructs her that he has a reservation. The lady says she knows how reservations work, and Jerry says "apparently not."

Apparently Oceania knows how to take deposits for waitlists, but doesn't understand how waitlists actually work.

Let's start by telling you that we are in England. I have paid a £1000.00 deposit to be "wait listed" on a RTW segment in June 2020. All rooms are wait listed on the Oceania web page in Britain. I do believe that there are others ( in the US) that have had an allocation of a state room for this voyage (segment). I have been told by my agent ( who I don't believe is being proactive) that we are number 19 on the list. Would someone please have a look on the US web page for me? East West Wayfairer on board Insignia leaving Tokyo 11 June 2020

Thanks Josie

Thanks for your responses. Too bad the waitlists are not fair. And, I do plan to call tomorrow morning to see what the deal is. I have the feeling that Oceania does whatever it feels like doing, and doesn't have much regard for their clients.
It's not that they're not fair, or that they do whatever they feel like doing; it's that their wait list clearing system is not automated. But placing cabins from cancelled bookings back into inventory is automated. Yes, contacting Oceania and complaining may one day result in them automating this wait list clearing system, but until then, understanding how their current system works and using it to your advantage is your best strategy.

If you are on a wait list, monitor your cruise for availability and when it becomes available call your TA and have them book it. After the fact, your TA can call Oceania and cancel the wait list booking.

Being way down the wait list, like 18 or 19, you can use the lack of automation to your advantage.Yes, it is not fair to those who are at the top of the wait list, but until Oceania automates this process use all the tools and ways they handle their wait lists to your advantage.

Have people made their final payments for the 2019 RTW? We are one 2 B2B segments and are the waitlist for one of them. If RTW'ers haven't already made their final payments, do you know when that might be?

Also, how far out does O require final payments? Our TA always takes our payments before the O deadline. I need to ask him, but you guys are always quicker with answers.

I thought I might be ready to pounce on the days of FP, if it hasn't been made yet. If it has, I didn't make any progress on the WL.

Also, how far out does O require final payments? Our TA always takes our payments before the O deadline. I need to ask him, but you guys are always quicker with answers.

Is FP not noted on your invoice ?

You could also look in MY ACCOUNT on Oceania website

Once you log in click on BOOKED CRUISES

on the right side under the TO DO LIST

it should show your FP date

Have people made their final payments for the 2019 RTW? We are one 2 B2B segments and are the waitlist for one of them. If RTW'ers haven't already made their final payments, do you know when that might be?

I thought I might be ready to pounce on the days of FP, if it hasn't been made yet. If it has, I didn't make any progress on the WL.

Of the 3 points of embarkation (NYC, MIA & LA) for the full RTW, we're on the last one so we had the latest Final Payment date which was August 2. So, all RTW passengers are paid in full.

About the waitlist....it's a big joke! We booked a B1 cabin on the 2019 world cruise but later decided to get a PH cabin instead. We were #1 on the waitlist for a PH2 & PH3 and #2 for a PH1, but within a few months, 2 people on CC posted that they just booked a PH cabin even though the website never listed any availability and our TA was told that none had opened! We only ended up getting one (7 months after going on the waitlist) because a kind couple traded cabins with us. I'll never fall for that waitlist trick again.;)

Josie, on the US site all categories are waitlisted.

Thank you so much for looking. I will look every day .

My £1,000 deposit is not showing on my account either..........hey ho 2020! I'm not wishing what's left of my life away ;)

clear.png?emoji-wink-1685

Josie