Which cruise?

My mom (54), aunt (59), and myself (28) are going on a cruise between March and May 2019... it is both of their first times and my third (Carnival and Norwegian). What would be the best royal Caribbean cruise for them and myself. We’d be together at ports but I want to enjoy myself (single) on the ship.

Thank you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We personally love Oasis class ships. I was dubious with the 6000+ pax, but there is so much to do on the ship, it never felt close to that until disembarkation.

Are you looking at Caribbean? Alaska? How many days? I really enjoy Royal’s private islands (Coco Cay and Labadee), so if you are looking for something specific to Royal, that is a good option.

My mom (54), aunt (59), and myself (28) are going on a cruise between March and May 2019... it is both of their first times and my third (Carnival and Norwegian). What would be the best royal Caribbean cruise for them and myself. We’d be together at ports but I want to enjoy myself (single) on the ship.

Thank you!!

I'd pick itinerary over ship. Since you've don't have any kids traveling, Oasis class isn't a necessity. Their food is no better than the other ships. Also Oasis class limits your ability to see the ocean from most of the ship, not sure if that is important to you.

You will have many more RC ship choices in March than in May. Many RC ships head to Europe in April.

The most bells and whistles (and the most guests) will be on Oasis class ships.

We personally love Oasis class ships. I was dubious with the 6000+ pax, but there is so much to do on the ship, it never felt close to that until disembarkation.

Are you looking at Caribbean? Alaska? How many days? I really enjoy Royal’s private islands (Coco Cay and Labadee), so if you are looking for something specific to Royal, that is a good option.

They get motion sickness so the bigger the ship the better I guess for them. They’re into shopping, not very adventurous so destination is not a big deal except for me. They would like Eastern Caribbean or Bahamas.

I'd pick itinerary over ship. Since you've don't have any kids traveling, Oasis class isn't a necessity. Their food is no better than the other ships. Also Oasis class limits your ability to see the ocean from most of the ship, not sure if that is important to you.

Itinerary isn’t much for them as long as they can shop which can be done anywhere. They’re not adventurous, sight seeing kind of people but I am which is where the struggle is coming in.

I know you said Eastern however those end up having 3 port stops. If you choose a Western say for example on the Allure you get Nassau, Cozumel, Costa Maya and Roatan which is 4 stops. Shopping in Nassau and Cozumel and adventurous ports in Coata Maya and Roatan.

As far as ships go Oasis class has something for everyone and great entertainment.

They get motion sickness so the bigger the ship the better I guess for them. They’re into shopping, not very adventurous so destination is not a big deal except for me. They would like Eastern Caribbean or Bahamas.

I'd suggest Oasis class for the wide selection of entertainment, especially at night. An eastern route as St Thomas and St Maarten arguably have the best tourist shopping areas in the Caribbean. Pick a ship based on the Broadway style show you prefer.

I'd suggest Oasis class for the wide selection of entertainment, especially at night. An eastern route as St Thomas and St Maarten arguably have the best tourist shopping areas in the Caribbean. Pick a ship based on the Broadway style show you prefer.

Awesome advice! The brought up St. Martin and St. Thomas tonight. I’ll look into those :)