Escape Upgrading Internet Package

Glenaudrey

We received a free 250 minutes internet package with our booking and I'm thinking of upgrading it to the Premium Unlimited package. I read elsewhere this can be done with just paying the difference between the standard costs for the two packages.

Please let me know who I reach out to upgrade. Can it be done on the website (could not find that option) or prior to the trip? Or does it have to be done on the ship and with who?

Sailing Sunday on the Escape. Cannot wait! :)

Thank you for any responses.

We received a free 250 minutes internet package with our booking and I'm thinking of upgrading it to the Premium Unlimited package. I read elsewhere this can be done with just paying the difference between the standard costs for the two packages.

Please let me know who I reach out to upgrade. Can it be done on the website (could not find that option) or prior to the trip? Or does it have to be done on the ship and with who?

Sailing Sunday on the Escape. Cannot wait! :)

Thank you for any responses.

I too have been told that you can upgrade the package for just the difference in cost. It is my understanding that it can only be done once on board.

How much did it cost to upgrade from the free 250 minutes to the unlimited package?

For our recent 7-day cruise on the Gem, it was about $85 to regular Unlimited. $29.99/day or $209.93 total. The 250 minute package is valued at $125.

Prices do vary by ships, itinerary and subject to change ... These are recent samples.

6785d10f63da9d7bf411bd31d56c0383.jpg

5ca5f6e1c6211e2e9c7f67b289bd7cae.jpg

664c11935c6679ab2187fffa99983b8f.jpg

25a95e91ae98fd5f27237a92875a89f2.jpg

476537b9fb8caec5dc9bbb339d2c74c3.jpg

82c1356a711705d7be2874452a7c3f50.jpg

Upgrade/trade-up is ONLY done onboard the ship, easy DIY once connected to ship's WiFi inTRAnet - stop by the iCafe to pickup their little printed "guide" & get help.

Sent via Moto G(6) on Project Fi/T-Mobile using Tapatalk

We received a free 250 minutes internet package with our booking and I'm thinking of upgrading it to the Premium Unlimited package. I read elsewhere this can be done with just paying the difference between the standard costs for the two packages. Please let me know who I reach out to upgrade. Can it be done on the website (could not find that option) or prior to the trip? Or does it have to be done on the ship and with who? Sailing Sunday on the Escape. Cannot wait! :)Thank you for any responses.

The upgrade is all "self serve". After registering your phone, you are given the option to select a package. Since you already have a 250 minute package, it will also give you the option to upgrade. Click on the button and you are all set.

We have sailed on the Escape several times and until our cruise in April, I would have said that the wifi on the Escape was the worst in the fleet. We were pleasantly surprised at how well the new satellite system works. We did not really stream anything with our premium package, but upgraded to it so we could make wifi phone calls, which worked great. Very happy with the service we had.

Escape menus and such can be found on our live post https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2624246

Hello, I went to the internet desk (Escape 5/20) right at 2 when it opened- they talked me into paying $125 more ($40 more than the regular unlimited) for the premium unlimited that allowed streaming. To be honest, had I not already been testing my other UBP promo with the dark and stormy's I would have declined and just spent the $85.

However, was totally worth having the unlimited and not logging off the device. Used my Ipod touch the whole time. But next time plan on maybe my tablet instead.

Just curious... if you are upgrading from the 250 minute promo and paying the difference, has anyone been able to get any additional discount for also having Platinum Plus minutes as well?

Rochelle

Sent from my iPad using Forums

... if you are upgrading from the 250 minute promo and paying the difference, has anyone been able to get any additional discount for also having Platinum (Plus) minutes ...
Based solely on our recent experiences, answer was no ... "allowance" was only for the 250 minutes package, didn't matter whether it was the extra 30 or 60 Latitude minutes. Breakaway's iCafe manager combined/merged all the available minutes whereas more recently, the Gem's iCafe manager stated the system no longer permit merging, each package had to be used as standalone. YMMV and worth asking, the worst would be a "no" to get a 25% or 30% discount to convert to an unlimited one.

It would've been a symbolic appreciation of one's Latitude status ... it's their loss for us to spend our other OBC elsewhere.

• 2 months later...