Splashaway Bay (Kids/baby pools) do not open until 10am on Adventure OTS

I just wanted to give parents of young cruisers a heads up that Splashaway Bay pools (baby and kids pools) do not open until 10:00 am and close at 6:00 pm on the Adventure of the Seas.

We just came home last week from aboard the Adventure and many kids/parents found the opening and closing times of the kids'/baby pools inconvenient, especially for little ones who wake up early. On port days, these pools open even later (1:00 pm).

Just a friendly heads-up! :D

Yes, Kids areas on lot of ships are limited and have been. On Radiance Class ships the kids pool is open as little as 3hrs a day. Example is only 1-4pm the whole day

To me, this is frustrating. As a parent, I am paying full price for my child to enjoy the cruise. The kids pool should be open just as long as the regular pools are. And 1-4 pm is conveniently right during most little ones' nap times. :o

And, I did not know there were kids' pools on the Radiance class ships. I assumed the smaller ships did not have kids' pools. I have cruised a few times on the Grandeur of the Seas out of Baltimore (near my home) and there is not a kids' or baby pool.

Good to know. Also worth knowing, at least as of earlier this year, if your kid was under 42" tall, despite being potty trained, the kid couldn't use the section for younger (non-potty-trained) kids unless wearing a swim diaper, even if your kid didn't need one, and the ship's swim diapers don't fit a lot of larger kids (whose parents don't bring them since they don't anticipate the need for a potty-trained child). Was discussed in this thread.

On the other hand, if your kid's not excluded, looks like a fun setup.

Richard.

That seems so late considering kids wake up early and 1pm in port days? That’s even worse. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old I was planning on staying in just to enjoy the ship a little less crowded. So weird!

: /

I know my 4 year old will find it funny to use a swim diaper considering he is out of diapers since he was a little over 2 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That seems so late considering kids wake up early and 1pm in port days? That’s even worse. I have a 2 year old and a 4 year old I was planning on staying in just to enjoy the ship a little less crowded. So weird!

: /

I know my 4 year old will find it funny to use a swim diaper considering he is out of diapers since he was a little over 2 lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Did I write this? lol I was literally about to say the same thing. My kids are up b.n 6 and 7. We are possibly skipping Port Canaveral for some pool time... and yea my daughter is like 41.25"... she wants to go on the purple slide so badly. How strict are they really with that 42"? On a good note, she has been eating a ton of fruit and veggies b.c I told her it would help her grow faster. She is normally great with that anyway, but she has been asking for more. lol :D

• 4 months later...
On 7/7/2018 at 10:17 AM, rockon391 said:

That’s BS. Sounds like my kids with/without diapers will be joining me in the adult pools.

That’s a really self-centered, irresponsible outlook. You do realize that the release of ecoli from a swim diaper can seriously sicken or even kill a small child or immunodeficient adult don’t you? There are reasons for rules and this happens to be a CDC rule, not a cruise line rule.