Amazon Fire Stick

You may want to try different combinations of inputs (I assume the TV has more than one). The cabin steward or guest services may need to help.

Thanks for your help....We actually ended up having an electrician change out the TV (his suggestion which we would never have thought to ask him to do)..after trying everything...Very surprised at what a hassle this ended up being after reading about how many of you seem to have no trouble with the TV's once onboard.

• Like 1

You may need to bring a universal remote and program it to the TV depending on what ship you are on. The newer TVs don't have any buttons and you wont be able to change the input on the cabin remote.

The newer Tvs still have the button but it's disabled so you cant change input to HDMI

Total scam that they won't let you watch your own content, have no channels and make movies ppv.

Princess had free movies on demand or older ships still had a movie channel or two

I was wondering something similar lately about hooking up my tablet to the TV so I could watch downloaded Netflix stuff. I sent Royal a private message on Facebook. They contacted the ship I was sailing on and got all the exact TV hookup connections needed. They are usually very helpful! :-)

Please share what the hookup connections are and for which ship! Thanks!

Is cruise ship wifi even capable of handling a firestick? I know mine struggles at home sometimes and my internet is WAY better than anything Ive experienced on any cruise ship.

Yep. It's able to handle it with no issues. We've streamed to two TV's using our firesticks on Allure. The bandwidth is more than sufficient.

-germ

• Like 1

Yep. It's able to handle it with no issues. We've streamed to two TV's using our firesticks on Allure. The bandwidth is more than sufficient.

-germ

Were the HDMI ports easy to access on Allure? Did you have to take a universal remote or did the channel 3 option work on Allure? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before we sail in 2 weeks. Thanks!

Were the HDMI ports easy to access on Allure? Did you have to take a universal remote or did the channel 3 option work on Allure? Just trying to get my ducks in a row before we sail in 2 weeks. Thanks!

The HDMI ports were easily accessible but IIRC, we had to have someone from their "IT" department come change the channel. I think he left us a remote and told us to make sure we travel with a universal remote, so we do, now.

I also seem to recall an issue with getting access to a power outlet for the stick and needing an extension cord for one of them.

-germ