Tips on baggage handling for late departure on return flight from Puerto Rico

Sailing on Freedom in September, but our return flight out of Puerto Rico doesn't leave until later in the afternoon. Just wondering what my options are. I'd do the Bacardi Tour and Airport transfer, but I'm affraid they'll have us at the airport WAY too early and we'll be sitting around killing time all day. Any thoughts or suggestions on this would be appreciated.

There a bar/restaurant called Barranchina's in Old San Juan that will store your bags for free. You could make that your base of operations, do the Bacardi tour on your own, and spend more time walkign around San Juan.

When you exit immigration there is an independent tour stand on the left side that will take you and your luggage on a 2 1/2-3 hour tour of Condado and Old San Juan that will help you kill some time.

They drop you off in old San Juan for an hour or so to allow you time for lunch and/or sightseeing.

They then take you to the airport and drop you off for your flight.

The cost this past April was $30 a head, just a few dollars more than a taxi ride for a single.

The mini buses hold about 12 to 15 people.

Thanks for the reply. I didn't think so because of agriculture inspection. Or whatever reason they don't do it there. I think we have a 2:30 p.m. flight and didn't feel like dealing with my luggage but we will figure something out.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

They used to have it in San Juan. I don't know why RCI stopped it but I don't think it is because of the agricultural inspection since the service was offered in the past.

We have used the Barrachina in the past. It is conveniently located at 104 calle Fortelezza and your luggage us safe there.

Any idea how much taxi is to Barrachina? And then to Baccardi? And back? Does it make more sense to stick with the tour? Or am I being ignorant and there is a much better way to do this?

Taxi prices are by zone in San Juan. From the ship to Old San Juan (Barranchina's) would be around $10 plus $1 per bag plus whatever fuel surcharge is in effect. Figure $15-$20.

They used to have it in San Juan. I don't know why RCI stopped it but I don't think it is because of the agricultural inspection since the service was offered in the past.

We have used the Barrachina in the past. It is conveniently located at 104 calle Fortelezza and your luggage us safe there.

We have used it in San Juan as well, worth every penny and then some.

Is there still a place outside the airport that will store bags?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

We have used it in San Juan as well, worth every penny and then some.

Is there still a place outside the airport that will store bags?

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

Sorry, I don't know about luggage storage outside of the airport.

I don´t know about San Juan and I know it´s not offered everywhere, but in many places around the world you can find Hotels offering day rooms.

If I have to fly home same day after a cruise it´s usually a late afternoon / evening flight and I always try to find a Hotel offering me a place to stay, drop my luggage and have somewhere to relax and freshen up before the flight.

There´s websites out there you can find via google offering day rooms, but sometimes contacting a Hotel directly can find you a result as well.

years ago there was a place in the airport to leave your bags,so as we had a late flight we used it.Bad idea.when we went to recover our bags the worker was no where to be found.We asked a person working near by if they knew where he was and they contacted him.Well we about an hour till he showed up and was VERY close to making our flight,so be careful.