Stick with Prinsendam?

Sue4LSU

We’ve booked a cruise on the Prinsendam in May 2019.

I can cancel with no penalty. Would you stick with it, or look for something else? I’m afraid that service may not be up to par if it’s now being contracted for a short period. Opinions?

I sailed on the final HAL voyage of the Statendam from Seattle to Singapore. HAL provided the best recent cruise experience on a HAL vessel that I have had up to then. And, still!

Cuisine, service, entertainment, maintenance, etc.: there was nothing about which to complain when the Statendam left HAL's fleet.

It really shouldn’t matter. The whole operation will be HAL, and in all likelihood, everyone will be staying with HAL after the ship leaves the fleet. They have every incentive to make your trip as good as any other.

In 2002, I sailed (for a second time) on the original Pacific Princess (yes, the Love Boat) during her last Bermuda season and last year with Princess Cruises. The ship had already been sold and chartered back to Princess for its last year in the fleet. I noticed nothing different on that trip from the first one in 2000 except for the fact that the ship was re-flagged from the UK to the Bahamas. Other than that, it was a normal Princess operation from the Captain on down.

Go and enjoy a last opportunity to sail on Prinsendam.

The same question was asked on our roll call today.

My answer to you is the same as to them. The crew should be the same (many of them WANT to be on the Prinsendam) and service on this ship is very good.

I can't fathom the crew changing their habits because the ship is going. In fact, I think they will even do more.

But that's just my guess based on the crew I have had on that ship. And we are booked on her in April - May and we are NOT cancelling.

I suspect this ship will leave with a big bang. And, if my guess is right and if he is still serving, you will have Captain Dag and that is a very good thing :)

That's my 2 cents - but remember the penny doesn't exist in Canada anymore so... :')