Thalassotherapy Pools and Hot Tubs - Are they working on any ships??

There is another thread about the jets for the hot tubs and T-Pool on the Breeze being turned off and guests being told they are being turned off fleetwide. There were reports that it was just a technical issue that was repaired, but there has now been a report otherwise.

Since the other thread only focuses on the Breeze, I thought it might be good to start another thread asking about anyone's current experiences on other ships.

If you cruised last week or are currently cruising, could you please let us know which ship you are on and if the jets are working for the T-Pool and hot tubs? Thanks!

Interesting.

But on those hot tubs there are large silver turn on buttons. After being on for a bit they turn off and you have to reset with that button

Is that removed?

Interesting.

But on those hot tubs there are large silver turn on buttons. After being on for a bit they turn off and you have to reset with that button

Is that removed?

I doubt they would remove those. Just easier to unplug the air blower motor from the power supply and call it good (or bad from our perspective).

For what it's worth I just called Carnival customer service to ask about this because I had purchased a pass for the T-pool on the dream in February and wanted a refund if this was true. If anything official is going on, they have not notified their customer service staff about it. She had heard nothing about this at all and told me that if it were true, I could get a refund once on board.

As I've stated before, if they are air jets, I'm surprised Carnival hasn't gotten rid of them before, as most cruise lines have done away with them due to the potential problems with legionella. I thought this might be prompted by the 2018 revision of the USPH VSP that was recently released, but I don't see anything in there about air jets in either the ops manual or the construction manual. I have contacted the USPH to see if this is a new requirement or not.

Ya'll know you can "follow" a thread without posting a "following" post? Go to the "thread tools" drop down and hit the "subscribe to thread" button.

No, I didn't know that. I figured there would be a way. Thanks.

Sharing this on this thread as well as the thread about the Breeze. I just received this reply directly from Carnival (not John Heald):

Good Afternoon All. I do apologize for the delay but we have finally received word back and can confirm that the reports are not true. Some adjustments were made to the operation of the spa thalassotherapy pools and Jacuzzis but that was only temporary and all should be back on. It was a simple misunderstanding and all Jacuzzi's are fine; including t-pools. - Shane

Sharing this on this thread as well as the thread about the Breeze. I just received this reply directly from Carnival (not John Heald):

Good Afternoon All. I do apologize for the delay but we have finally received word back and can confirm that the reports are not true. Some adjustments were made to the operation of the spa thalassotherapy pools and Jacuzzis but that was only temporary and all should be back on. It was a simple misunderstanding and all Jacuzzi's are fine; including t-pools. - Shane

HOORAY!!! :) Thanks so much for sharing!

Interesting.

Is that removed?

The buttons are still there, they just don't do anything when you press them. The T-pool jets did not work and the water was cool on our cruise last week on the Breeze. According to the spa employee this was permanent and fleet wide, according to others on this board it is not.

Ya'll know you can "follow" a thread without posting a "following" post? Go to the "thread tools" drop down and hit the "subscribe to thread" button.

True, but by posting it lets the moderators and other members know there is dedicated interest in this subject.

• 1 month later...