Have you taken cases of wine on board?

IslandThyme

We did 28 days last year to Sydney I walked on with case and bought another case in SAN Francisco. I paid the corkage. I got better wine cheaper. The wine steward took our wine and served it to us. We just booked a 38 day trip plan to bring our our wine on board and pay corkage. I buy luggage carts for $30 on EBay and leave it on board when we leave.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

extra_large.jpg

This is what we bought to cart ours aboard next month (but we are only taking 2 cases). It was a special offer at Aldi last month, but there are still some in our local Aldi stores. Folds down small enough to fit in the suitcase, but If we can't make it work not too much invested so will just leave on the ship.

Island Thyme clearly is seeking advice on how to do this ...... not seeking reasons that other people don’t. But that doesn’t stop some people from adding negative comments. I guess I just wish people who have NOT ever done something would not feel the need to make comments about “schlepping” wine when it is clear that the OP enjoys taking fine wines a board a cruise.

Again, IslandThyme, Hope you find a solution!

Yes, m'aam :)

Have not followed this for a while, but have you talked to any of those luggage delivery resources like BagsVIP to see if you can arrange to get some local help handling this? https://www.maketraveleasier.com/bagsvip They will probably be interested in the challenge.

One of those outfits that picks up your luggage at home and you see it next in your cabin - somehow magically going through the corkage fee checkpoint. How many pounds and packages total are you talking about if they stay in their cases.

But wine has to board via carry on, not check on.

How would contracting with one of these companies do that?

But wine has to board via carry on, not check on.

How would contracting with one of these companies do that?

Because they are in the business of helping travelers. "make travel easier" is their call sign. So they just might be up to the challenge or can offer someone who might want a short part time job helping this person move her wine cases. They might see this as a new business opportunity 'making travel easier". Imagine that. Perhaps a rent-a-porter service when none are available full time at the port itself.

Islandtyme wants to "make travel easier" for herself - she is their perfect target customer. Or they need to change their logo.

• 1 month later...

I'm just reporting back, for anyone who wants to bring wine on board in the future and sees this thread. It was perfectly simple.

I didn't have to walk my three cases through security, or anything at all, really. The porters took them from me when I arrived, and that was that.

In the Seattle terminal there was no desk for paying corkage, so I just went to the front desk and told them that I had brought three cases on board. I kept one case with me, and the dining room has the other two. They have had no problem finding my wine and bringing it to me. All worked just as smoothly as I had hoped.