World Cruise Segment - advice wanted re cabin guarantee category

colbe

We have a Future Cruise Request deposit for a segment of the World Cruise 2020.

I have a guarantee H category requested. I am now wondering whether I should make that a guarantee N category to make as many catagories as possible available for our placement. I understand that most of the cabins are taken by full cruise passengers, so I am trying to make sure that we have the best chance possible of getting on the ship. We are not worried about which cabin we get assigned to us. What do seasoned HAL cruisers think about this idea?

Thank you for your reply Nana. We have had a big discussion about the possibility of getting an inside as it will be our first in over 100 sea days of cruising. I feel that if we want to do this segment, then we need to make it as easy as possible for HAL to accept our booking.

IS it sold out?

No, but it will only possible to get a guarantee for the segments. Full World cruisers can select their rooms. The segments are not open for sale yet, so it is only possible to have a Future Cruise request.

In my opinion, I wouldn't book a guarantee Interior cabin for a lengthy period of time. However, knowing that if your book an Interior and you will be satisfied with an Interior, do so. If sailing that particular segment is really important to you and you fear that you won't be able to sail on that cruise, then that fact needs to be taken into your consideration as well.