Best of the Best DRM on Holland America

CallMeLou

Please tell me who this nice Officer is! I failed to get his name (was not wearing a name tag)

I would like to know his name, hoping he is still with Holland America, and also maybe the ship he is assigned to.

Would be nice to run into him again on one of my future cruises.

407346289_20170213_023741(640x537)(200x168)(2).jpg.ba238f0bf9e2bd73a9d773b17125af84.jpg

His great smile was uplifting, his manner made you feel like like he was really interested.

He made me feel like a Queen even if I'm a bit disabled.

A real Gentleman, polite, thoughtful, attentive and often going beyond the call of duty to assist you.

He led a team of well organized waiters and assistants that always had a smile and appeared to be happy on the job; The DRM was not afraid to pitch in when the dining room was especially busy or if an unusual need arose.

We sat in the same section of the open Dining Room every evening because of the warm welcoming feeling and great service that this team was giving to us.

I've been on a few cruises since then, service was good - OK - but not of the quality shown above.

Hope that one or maybe a few of you cruise lovers will recognise his wonderful smile and let me know.

Plus contacting Seattle has the added advantage of letting them know what a gem they have. The way so much is driven by customer feedback in all service industries now, some extra special praise and attention where it is due is never a bad thing.:)

Please tell me who this nice Officer is! I failed to get his name (was not wearing a name tag)

I would like to know his name, hoping he is still with Holland America, and also maybe the ship he is assigned to.

Would be nice to run into him again on one of my future cruises.

[ATTACH]424804[/ATTACH]

His great smile was uplifting, his manner made you feel like like he was really interested.

He made me feel like a Queen even if I'm a bit disabled.

A real Gentleman, polite, thoughtful, attentive and often going beyond the call of duty to assist you.

He led a team of well organized waiters and assistants that always had a smile and appeared to be happy on the job; The DRM was not afraid to pitch in when the dining room was especially busy or if an unusual need arose.

We sat in the same section of the open Dining Room every evening because of the warm welcoming feeling and great service that this team was giving to us.

I've been on a few cruises since then, service was good - OK - but not of the quality shown above.

Hope that one or maybe a few of you cruise lovers will recognise his wonderful smile and let me know.

Try: guestrelations@hollandamerica.com

or: OAshford@hollandamerica.com

Good luck. It's a heartwarming story!

The OP's post is one more example of what I have contended for some time: when the Senior Management of the ship is doing their best job, HAL guests will experience the "Signature of Excellence" that I expect HAL will provide when I embark a cruise.

• 2 months later...

Hello Copper10-8

Glad to see you back and posting to the board. You may not know it but you are really a great ambassador for Holland America. You have such a great wealth of information that you share with us.

Since I didn't receive any positive results from my post earlier this summer, I would like to ask you to give it a look and see if you can come up with something. The photo that I included is dark and not the clearest since I cut it out of the background of a photo taken of our group in the dining room.

I sent an email to Guest Relations but have not received a response.

Here's hoping that you know who he is. (yn)

Thanks!