Parental Consent Letter

We'll be taking our granddaughters on their first cruise in March, 2020. They'll be 13 and 15 at the time. DW mentioned that we will need a Parental Consent Letter naming us as guardians for the cruise. Does anyone know what sort of detail is needed?

We took two of our granddaughters last year on Allure. Ages 13 and 16. In addition to parental permission we also had a permission for medical in case it was needed.

Yes, be sure it includes travel permissions, with specifics like countries and dates, and permission to obtain medical treatment. This can be done together in 1 document. The parents should sign it in the presence of 2 signing witnesses and a notary public.

I asked RCI if they had a US specific version of the form Bob provided. They came back that they didn't and just listed the need for the info we've discussed here. Seems to me I should be able to change Australia the United States - but that might make too much sense. ;p

I asked RCI if they had a US specific version of the form Bob provided. They came back that they didn't and just listed the need for the info we've discussed here. Seems to me I should be able to change Australia the United States - but that might make too much sense. ;p

It actually ended up being a problem crossing out/whiteout Australia and writing in US for the Notary (not sure why) we retyped the whole thing instead....RCI should absolutely have a US version of this available.

Along with a permission to treat document make sure they have medical insurance, either through their parents' plan, in which case you would need a copy of the insurance card, or travel insurance that includes medical coverage. Even healthy teens can have accidents and you can't assume your health insurance is valid out of the country; parents need to check.

It actually ended up being a problem crossing out/whiteout Australia and writing in US for the Notary (not sure why) we retyped the whole thing instead....RCI should absolutely have a US version of this available.

US Version...That would make it to easy..;p

Along with a permission to treat document make sure they have medical insurance, either through their parents' plan, in which case you would need a copy of the insurance card, or travel insurance that includes medical coverage. Even healthy teens can have accidents and you can't assume your health insurance is valid out of the country; parents need to check.

Yep - that's on a list for their mother to provide. We just have to keep on her not to wait until the last minute.

I was able to edit the form in Word and replaced Australia with United States as well as filling in all details. I also sent a copy (sans details) to the original response - maybe seeing it will ring a bell.

I spent about an hour searching the website without finding what strikes me as a pretty basic document.