Room Service

skt4cruise

You don't pay for anything on the room service menu. You can also get pizza through the Concierge desk (they have a menu). Food is delivered by your butler or assistant butler, so you don't have to tip per se, especially if you are doing personal service tips at the end of the cruise.

You don't pay for anything on the room service menu. You can also get pizza through the Concierge desk (they have a menu). Food is delivered by your butler or assistant butler, so you don't have to tip per se, especially if you are doing personal service tips at the end of the cruise.

Aha, good question....so we should continue the little envelope at cruise end? We have of course pre-paid tips. We were just discussing this because on website it stated individual tipping was frowned upon.

Tipping is always a personal issue. MSC is the first truly European-based line we have sailed with. I know tipping is not expected in Europe (as well as other areas, such as Australia), but DW and I were n the service industry in college, and we have always tipped well for service. On our MSC cruises, we have given envelopes to our butler, housekeeping, dining room personnel, and cash tips to recognized service by lounge bartenders and wait staff.

No tips were refused. I do know that MSC states no tipping, and that it is system wide. DW and I just feel differently, especially when sailing in the Caribbean where people on all the other lines are tipping their servers. I suspect this is one reason why MSC has a lot of employees trying to get on Caribbean cruises. Again, it is a personal decision. We have seen people on B2Bs who did not tip after week one, and didn't seem to be snubbed by any MSC employees.

Didn't notice you were doing European cruise. Tipping is definitely less expected.

Have a great time! We'll keep our eye on Ohio weather for you while you're gone!

I second everything JAGR posted here. No charge for room service, keep in mind the menu is small though. We asked for tip envelopes from the concierge and tipped extra to our our butler and waitstaff. I didn’t think it was expected, but they all accepted graciously. If we were in Europe, I think we may have thought about whether we should tip. Enjoy the YC!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Aha, good question....so we should continue the little envelope at cruise end? We have of course pre-paid tips. We were just discussing this because on website it stated individual tipping was frowned upon.

Feel free to do what you want to do, but do it discreetly.