Horizon 7/3 review, a year in the making...

jimbo5544

Final thoughts: The Horizon gets ripped here a lot. The main show lounge has some lousy site lines, especially from the upper level. The room for he comedy club is probably to small. I actually sent a couple of emails to some management friends suggesting that at least for the G rated shows for the popular comedians they move it to the big show room. They both laughed said sure, we will et right on it. They mentioned that it had been brought up before and the reason they do not do it is the comedians fear it would look empty and people would not come to it.
I thnk if I had to choose my favorite comedy club space it would have to be the forward deck 1 lounges on the Spirit-class ships. They're big enough that you don't have to get there terribly early to get seats, but small enough that you don't have to worry about low attendance. Plus you have graduated seating. I have hopes for the coming Carnival Sunrise, since they're using the old cigar bar whch has a far amount of room.

Enjoy your Azamara cruise!

Good question, my guess is the two older would feel out of place. Most were younger but we did not spend a lot of time there.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That is kind of what I was suspecting. We booked it almost 2 years ago and we were up sold from to Interior rooms, LOL. Now I am excited for it! I think my big kids will like the coffee and ice cream in the family Lounge :-)

Thanks for a fantastic review!

Enjoy your med cruise, hope you do a review as well.

Land vacation at Turks sounds interesting as well.

Looking forward to meeting you on the Journey's cruise in November!

Lots of new to us ports and struggling right now with excursions.

Susan

I thnk if I had to choose my favorite comedy club space it would have to be the forward deck 1 lounges on the Spirit-class ships. They're big enough that you don't have to get there terribly early to get seats, but small enough that you don't have to worry about low attendance. Plus you have graduated seating. I have hopes for the coming Carnival Sunrise, since they're using the old cigar bar whch has a far amount of room.

Enjoy your Azamara cruise!

I agree in the Spirit class comedy room being best. Thanks Kathy, sorry we did not get to spend a lot of time together Nd hopefully will sail together in the not distant future.

That is kind of what I was suspecting. We booked it almost 2 years ago and we were up sold from to Interior rooms, LOL. Now I am excited for it! I think my big kids will like the coffee and ice cream in the family Lounge :-)

Enjoy your cruise, let us know your thoughts when you return.

Thanks for a fantastic review!

Enjoy your med cruise, hope you do a review as well.

Land vacation at Turks sounds interesting as well.

Looking forward to meeting you on the Journey's cruise in November!

Lots of new to us ports and struggling right now with excursions.

Susan

Thanks, look forward to meeting you as well.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for sharing your review and photos. Looking forward to cruising with our children and grandchildren on the Horizon next January. We have aft staterooms in the Family Harbor area.

My pleasure, thanks for following along on the journey. I think you will enjoy the Havana area on the Horizon, enjoy!

Sent from my iPad using Forums