Southampton - Can I make a 9am flight?

Assuming we carry all our luggage with us, how early can we get off the ship and through immigration/customs? Would it be possible to catch a 9am flight at the Southampton airport or not? It's about 20 minutes from the cruise terminal.

Ship moors at 5:30AM. We are flying out of Southampton (SOU) airport which is only 20 minutes away from the cruise terminal, not Heathrow (LHR) going to Edinburgh (UK domestic flight). SOU-EDI are either 9am or 6pm and I'd rather not sit around Southampton with no hotel and all our luggage all day if I can avoid it.

Ship moors at 5:30AM. We are flying out of Southampton (SOU) airport which is only 20 minutes away from the cruise terminal, not Heathrow (LHR) going to Edinburgh (UK domestic flight). SOU-EDI are either 9am or 6pm and I'd rather not sit around Southampton with no hotel and all our luggage all day if I can avoid it.

Assuming that the ship docks on time and I would suggest doing self assist you should have absolutely no problems whatsoever.

We are always in the car and on the way home by about 06.30am when disembarking at Southampton.

The airport is as you say a maximum of twenty minutes easy taxi ride away.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have found Southampton very quick and easy to disembark.

If your ship docks at 5.30am (it will likely dock earlier from our experience) you could easily be off and on your way to the airport at 6.30am.

Assuming we carry all our luggage with us, how early can we get off the ship and through immigration/customs? Would it be possible to catch a 9am flight at the Southampton airport or not? It's about 20 minutes from the cruise terminal.

Southampton airport is small and you can quickly get to the departure gates.

If you self disembark between 6-7am you will be okay.

I know it wouldn’t be as fast but wouldn’t a train be more of a sure thing and less risk? Of course a longer day. That said, we could have made a 9AM flight when we disembarked there in 2016.

JC

To get a train to Edinburgh you usually have several changes of Trains.

We have used the train to Durham and been fortunate to get a direct train but often it is 1-4 changes so we nearly always fly to Newcastle from Southampton.