Some Seaview Dining room menus July 2018

wetwash

Thanks for posting the menus.

Looks to me like they haven't changed at all from the regular fare. I thought MSC had employed a new chef and were going to offer a change? I was really looking forward to seeing something different; it gets very repetitive year after year - especially when sailing 2-4 times a year, too! :rolleyes:

Thanks for posting the menus.

Looks to me like they haven't changed at all from the regular fare. I thought MSC had employed a new chef and were going to offer a change? I was really looking forward to seeing something different; it gets very repetitive year after year - especially when sailing 2-4 times a year, too! :rolleyes:

Is it me or is there a lack of pasta dishes?

Pasta wasn’t available every night in mdr but was available in the buffet which is partly why we alternated - I have 2 picky teens and they much preferred the large selection in the buffets. Last year on Divina we had a gluten free friend with us and gf pasta was offered each night (so maybe it is here too)?

Is it me or is there a lack of pasta dishes?

There was always a choice of 2 Italian dishes when the menu was divided into 7 courses. As you can see from the third and sixth photos, there's a risotto as well as a pasta dish included in the main course (the first menu is from the "Mediterranean Night" theme which "celebrates" cuisine from other Med countries, which is why there's no Italian included in that one).

The soup and salad courses used to have a choice of 2 in each; MSC has now reduced that to 1 of each and they have been subsumed under the 'Appetisers' course; the 'Italian' course has been subsumed under the 'Mains' course. Now, effectively, there are only 3 courses, plus cheese &/or coffee.

There was always a choice of 2 Italian dishes when the menu was divided into 7 courses. As you can see from the third and sixth photos, there's a risotto as well as a pasta dish included in the main course (the first menu is from the "Mediterranean Night" theme which "celebrates" cuisine from other Med countries, which is why there's no Italian included in that one).

The soup and salad courses used to have a choice of 2 in each; MSC has now reduced that to 1 of each and they have been subsumed under the 'Appetisers' course; the 'Italian' course has been subsumed under the 'Mains' course. Now, effectively, there are only 3 courses, plus cheese &/or coffee.

Hi Bea. Yes I get the constriction from 7 down to 3 by merging courses into more traditional headings...I had missed the Med classics! Sorry.

Either way all sounds tasty :p

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
Looks like I am going to starve! :(

Why is that ? Are you on a special diet due to allergies ? You can eat at the buffet as well or try the specialty restaurants (extra fee). What do you eat at home what is not offered on the Seaside ?

• Like 1

Why is that ? Are you on a special diet due to allergies ? You can eat at the buffet as well or try the specialty restaurants (extra fee). What do you eat at home what is not offered on the Seaside ?

The menus are from Seaview, SW, not Seaside. Much better choices on US-based ships IMHO (not speaking from experience, just from menus I've seen on here. Looking forward to trying them out on 2 US cruises next year! :p)

• Thanks 1

Thanks this is helpful. Most of the info available is actually just from Seaside. I guess the menus are very similar to other Med based MSC ships rather than the menus on Seaside?

Would the bar menus on Seaview be the same as Seaside? (prices aside but inventory)

There are (some) different brands available on the US-based menus and wine offerings are different to cater for the American market. The Classic package covers a lot more on US sailings as well (it's also more expensive than the Med Restaurant & Bar all-inclusive package).

Skier52 has a thread with the current Med bar/lounge menus posted.

Looks like I am going to starve! :(

Having sailed Seaview last month with picky eaters I can tell you that although the dining room selection might not be extensive they will accommodate special requests and/or the buffet has a great variety… Nobody should starve on the ship

There are (some) different brands available on the US-based menus and wine offerings are different to cater for the American market. The Classic package covers a lot more on US sailings as well (it's also more expensive than the Med Restaurant & Bar all-inclusive package).

Skier52 has a thread with the current Med bar/lounge menus posted.

Found it! Here's a link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2649741

Having sailed Seaview last month with picky eaters I can tell you that although the dining room selection might not be extensive they will accommodate special requests and/or the buffet has a great variety… Nobody should starve on the ship ��

I'm a very picky eater, which limits my choices substantially and I've survived 19 cruises on MSC without starving! In fact, quite the opposite - I'm often not hungry enough to face dinner in the evenings (though it doesn't stop me from enjoying the MDR dining experience :D). I don't snack in-between meals, either.

(the first menu is from the "Mediterranean Night" theme which "celebrates" cuisine from other Med countries, which is why there's no Italian included in that one).

Cannot! I am not willing to celebrate anything without pasta, a greek moussaka is not a lasagne*

! I really hope a faux-pas like this is only happing on a US based cruise. Well, at least no Gragnano gate for the Seaview cruisers ;)

* and the MSC moussaka is awful anyway.

That 'faux-pas' is happening on Med cruises, P (the menu is from Seaview which is based in the Med). It's the one menu that I really have problems with when onboard. I always end up with the couscous dish (the least worst of any of them); last Christmas, on Orchestra, it was gross!

Cannot! I am not willing to celebrate anything without pasta, a greek moussaka is not a lasagne*

! I really hope a faux-pas like this is only happing on a US based cruise. Well, at least no Gragnano gate for the Seaview cruisers ;)

* and the MSC moussaka is awful anyway.

There’s always (good) pasta at the buffet - go to mdr for appetizers and/or desert and skip the main course if you don’t want it! Hopefully you will enjoy the ship as much as we did!!

LOL...for starters....I don't eat most of the starters!...mussels...or chilled soups. or ..snails...or risotto...i'm really not a picky eater....menu is just a lot different than other cruise lines i have been on ...that's all....I'll be ok....if they have french fries ...or at least get someone to interpret what the dishes are ....don't recognize a lot of the dish names :)

:)

Edited by abby1257