Family Cruise Cabin Occupancy

We are planning a cruise with my family for summer 2019. My immediate family includes son 20, daughter 18 (at time of sailing), and myself. Is it possible to book DD in a cabin with her cousins?

Her cousins are from the same family (ages: 10, 16, 18 at time of sailing).

We are planning a cruise with my family for summer 2019. My immediate family includes son 20, daughter 18 (at time of sailing), and myself. Is it possible to book DD in a cabin with her cousins?

Her cousins are from the same family (ages: 10, 16, 18 at time of sailing).

You will have to book an adult in the room and one of the kids in where the adult was. Once on board just get extra keys made up and sleep where you want.

You will have to book an adult in the room and one of the kids in where the adult was. Once on board just get extra keys made up and sleep where you want.

Thanks you very much!

For future reference, adult meaning 21 years of age or parent?

we have done as Ken has suggested many times - you just have to book one Adult (over 21) into the cabin at time of booking and then you can switch up the actual sleeping arrangements when on board - the only time it gets a little confusing is when the cabin sharing is being done with a different paying family - ie. your cousins because often times the first and second persons in the cabin are paying more than the 3rd and 4th so it might require some math and IOU's between family member lol. We did this last year with my sister's family and I am still not sure we ever figured out the actual cost and who owed who what - good luck!

If you have you and DS in one cabin, then immediately next door DD and her cousins, then immediately next door to that the parents of said cousins, you don't need an adult.

If you and DS are in a cabin and the parents of the cousins are in another close by, and the kids are across the hall in another cabin, you can do that too.

You can certainly book your under 21 kid in a cabin on their own as long as it is next door to or across the hall from your cabin.

we have done as Ken has suggested many times - you just have to book one Adult (over 21) into the cabin at time of booking and then you can switch up the actual sleeping arrangements when on board - the only time it gets a little confusing is when the cabin sharing is being done with a different paying family - ie. your cousins because often times the first and second persons in the cabin are paying more than the 3rd and 4th so it might require some math and IOU's between family member lol. We did this last year with my sister's family and I am still not sure we ever figured out the actual cost and who owed who what - good luck!

Thanks a bunch!

And the plot would thicken for us as far as finances are concerned should DS get a summer internship that would not allow him to go with us. So I am thinking that I could book my cabin with DD and DS could book with my sister's family. They could book a cabin for 4 and a cabin for 2. If DS was booked in the cabin for 4 and had to back out prior to final payment, that would still leave 3 people in the cabin designated for 3/4 on the deck plan.

What a mess - I guess life usually is!!

If you have you and DS in one cabin, then immediately next door DD and her cousins, then immediately next door to that the parents of said cousins, you don't need an adult.

If you and DS are in a cabin and the parents of the cousins are in another close by, and the kids are across the hall in another cabin, you can do that too.

You can certainly book your under 21 kid in a cabin on their own as long as it is next door to or across the hall from your cabin.

Great information! Thank you!! I am trying to get an understanding of the whole situation before I actually talk to an agent. I need to think about a situation. The deck plans I am looking at do have some availability with cabins side by side and/or across the hall. They are not connecting, however.

Thanks again to everyone!!

Great information! Thank you!! I am trying to get an understanding of the whole situation before I actually talk to an agent. I need to think about a situation. The deck plans I am looking at do have some availability with cabins side by side and/or across the hall. They are not connecting, however.

Thanks again to everyone!!

They don't have to be "connecting".... best of luck and enjoy !!