For shore excursions that require transport, does NCL cover the costs...

nitesbane

...if you book through them? I normally do *not* book through the cruise line because of costs (while still ensuring booking through an excursion that promises me without question to get me back in time). However, my next cruise has a port in Port Canaveral, and that's like a 40 minute drive to Orlando. It actually makes more sense to spend the extra to book through NCL for some of the cheaper excursions if they haul you to the excursion in Orlando and then back.

Can someone chime in on this?

When you book an excursion through the ship it includes transportation.

Not always when we booked through NCL a few years back the ZOO & Caves excursion was from the dock but dropped use at the ferry in Hamilton after. We needed to find our own way back. We knew this so not an issue but felt they should have taken us back to the dock yard. Only use them this time because we had a 6 year old and a 95 year old with us.

Doing this on our own this year :).

...if you book through them? I normally do *not* book through the cruise line because of costs (while still ensuring booking through an excursion that promises me without question to get me back in time). However, my next cruise has a port in Port Canaveral, and that's like a 40 minute drive to Orlando. It actually makes more sense to spend the extra to book through NCL for some of the cheaper excursions if they haul you to the excursion in Orlando and then back.

Can someone chime in on this?

What's included is clearly detailed in the description....... as mentioned.... some do and some don't

The answer is a qualified sometimes. You need to read the excursion description. Some excursions include transportation, others don't. Be careful going to Orlando from Port Canaveral, it is about an hour to the Disney parks area, and costs are expensive once you get there. If Disney is your goal, you are better of taking a trip just to Disney.