Paper or Plastic Straws?

Luvcrusn

Thanks Cruisestitch. I use them at home and you're right, they do keep water cold for a long time. I am embarrassed to admit however that when travelling I find them heavy and difficult to carry and when a long day is in store, I need more than one.. Mea culpa! Don't hate me.:o

I agree, the weight restrictions are making it harder to pack, so adding one of those containers would not work for me.

Consider a reuseable, collapsible water bottle. They barely weigh anything and don't take up as much room to pack as a standard reuseable tumbler. And when you're out and about and finish one, you can roll it up to fit in a pocket, purse or backpack to take back to the ship/hotel with you. Ours have a carabiner on them which makes it even easier to carry around.

What a great move by Celebrity in eliminating plastic straws. I am sick and tired of watching thousands upon thousands of cruise passengers over the years getting a drink with a plastic straw, and when finishing, walking over to the side of the ship and tossing the plastic straw into the ocean. The shame of it all. :rolleyes:

Consider a reuseable, collapsible water bottle. They barely weigh anything and don't take up as much room to pack as a standard reuseable tumbler. And when you're out and about and finish one, you can roll it up to fit in a pocket, purse or backpack to take back to the ship/hotel with you. Ours have a carabiner on them which makes it even easier to carry around.
I agree withe the carabiner clips - I LOVE those!

I have a Yeti Rambler I take if I have my backpack with me which is almost always now because its easier and safer to carry than a purse. I found a backpack that has outside water bottle pockets for easy access.

If trying to pack light, I take my Bubi bottle, then when we stop for lunch I fill it up again so I have a drink for the afternoon.

It was hard to wean myself off plastic water bottles but in the end, I wanted to be part of the solution, not the problem. Now I couldn't imagine going back to all those disposables. I think it's going to be a real learning curve, I know it took me a while to get used to it.

. I am sick and tired of watching thousands upon thousands of cruise passengers over the years getting a drink with a plastic straw, and when finishing, walking over to the side of the ship and tossing the plastic straw into the ocean. The shame of it all. :rolleyes:

Exactly.

Take a look at a company called 4Ocean, either on FB or on their .com web site.

They do global ocean clean ups, and some of the photos they post are truly hard to believe, and they offer some incredible statistics.

I've been a member for some time now, and was happy to see them featured on NBC Nightly News a few weeks back. It's a great cause, and another way to be a small part of the solution.