Port Canaveral

maxydu

This will be our first trip from Port Canaveral and was checking to see if a return home flight from

Orlando (MCO) at 11:50am is pushing it. We're Platinum so can get off the ship early.....

Thanks!

That helps! Thanks
we have a 12:20 flight out of Orlando. We are doing self assist off the ship. We are not platinum or have FTTP. We hired a private shuttle company who has great reviews waiting for us when we get off the ship. If there are no issues I hope to be off the ship by 9 or so and be at the airport by 10; giving you plenty time.

The issue isn't so much the port end but the huge crowds of leisure travelers at MCO. I think you're okay but I would 'self assist' and get there as early as possible. I'd target arriving at MCO no later than 10. Sunday is probably worse than Saturday. You're not dealing with business folks heading with carry-ons to their 7a shuttle to Washington if you catch my meaning.

Just keep in mind the airlines require that you must check in at least 45 minutes prior to departure time for Orlando. This is due to the security wait times and the shuttle train from the security area to the gate area. As long as everything runs on time, you will be fine.

We were in Orlando twice so far this year. In July, we were thisclose to missing our flight. The lines to get thru security were crazy. We had transport assistance, so that really bumped us up a little. We had an 8 am flight on a Sunday.

We also were there the week of Easter. It was crowded, but not as bad.

We got a dirt cheap Southwest RT fare in and out of MCO for our Sunshine cruise back in May...only "gotcha" was our 11:30am flight outta MCO......made it with ease...spent more time sitting around the airport waiting for the flight than total time to get off ship and travel to airport. We did self-debark, which we pretty much always do now when cruising. Debarked, called an Uber..ok..a tad pricey but....pulled up to terminal in about 45 minutes...bout 9am. Southwest lines for MCO were damn near non-existent. I'd probably do it again!!