Another Drink Package Question, sorry!

st5310

Perhaps, but why would that make Oceania the wrong cruise for me?

Though there will probably be a handful of folks on any Oceania cruise who may need an attitude adjustment, I trust that you'll find that one of the reasons why O has so many loyal customers is the nature of the demographic.

For the most part, the folks we've met on O are cosmopolitan, well travelled/educated/mannered/behaved and generally quite pleasant. It's very different than the widely variable mass of humanity on some mass market lines where unwarranted confrontations may happen more frequently.

BTW, when you contact Oceania for clarification of their CYA booze statement, what you'll hear back is that same CYA statement. However, the booze limit is just not enforced.

Though there will probably be a handful of folks on any Oceania cruise who may need an attitude adjustment, I trust that you'll find that one of the reasons why O has so many loyal customers is the nature of the demographic.

For the most part, the folks we've met on O are cosmopolitan, well travelled/educated/mannered/behaved and generally quite pleasant. It's very different than the widely variable mass of humanity on some mass market lines where unwarranted confrontations may happen more frequently.

BTW, when you contact Oceania for clarification of their CYA booze statement, what you'll hear back is that same CYA statement. However, the booze limit is just not enforced.

So you are implying that I do not meet any of that criteria because I took exception to a poster's tone?

So you are implying that I do not meet any of that criteria because I took exception to a poster's tone?

I think you misjudged the 'tone', the poster was pointing out your inconsistency, asking for cruisers experiences and then you respond by quoting CC :)

People have answered your question but you didn't seem to accept their answers.

You were certainly 'sharp' in your reply.

I think you misjudged the 'tone', the poster was pointing out your inconsistency, asking for cruisers experiences and then you respond by quoting CC :)

People have answered your question but you didn't seem to accept their answers.

You were certainly 'sharp' in your reply.

Yes, perhaps overly sharp, I admit. And now that you mention it, I see the inconsistency. Definitely my bad here as I did over-react to the tone. Apologies to all. For the record, I do place far more weight on the experiences of passengers over CC and the "CYA" statement I'm sure I'll get from Oceania.

How dare you.
How dare I what? I am not following the reason for your indignity. I asked you to explain why you thought my reply to arima22 meant that I should consider a different cruise line. You replied with a list of qualities that you said were common among Oceania passengers. I inferred that you think I do not possess such qualities. If I am wrong, please explain.

We always take on at least one bottle of gin to enjoy a G&T on the balcony and also white rum to pair with cola.

Just FYI you can also pre request your preferred sodas for your fridge, let your TA contact O.

We generally request low calorie drinks and Schweppes tonics.

Yes, perhaps overly sharp, I admit. And now that you mention it, I see the inconsistency. Definitely my bad here as I did over-react to the tone. Apologies to all. For the record, I do place far more weight on the experiences of passengers over CC and the "CYA" statement I'm sure I'll get from Oceania.

Welcome aboard!

We always take on at least one bottle of gin to enjoy a G&T on the balcony and also white rum to pair with cola.

Just FYI you can also pre request your preferred sodas for your fridge, let your TA contact O.

We generally request low calorie drinks and Schweppes tonics.

Good to know, thank you. I am considering bringing decent wine aboard. As many of you have suggested, an exceptional bottle of wine would be worth it even taking the corkage fee into account. Like most restaurants, the mark-up is high. That's the reason I prefer BYOs.

I swear after this cruise I'll have done enough reading to earn a PhD in Oceania Cruising!

Good to know, thank you. I am considering bringing decent wine aboard. As many of you have suggested, an exceptional bottle of wine would be worth it even taking the corkage fee into account. Like most restaurants, the mark-up is high. That's the reason I prefer BYOs.

I swear after this cruise I'll have done enough reading to earn a PhD in Oceania Cruising!

Better yet, after this cruise you will have experienced enough to be granted an honorary degree in O Cruising! ;p

Donna

Better yet, after this cruise you will have experienced enough to be granted an honorary degree in O Cruising! ;p

Donna

Indeed! And by the way, I really liked your food photos on the other thread.