Carnival and a Carafe of Coffee

linky99

On my last cruise (Disney), I was able to order a carafe of coffee late at night and then leave it and it would still be fairly hot in the am so that I could have a cup of coffee right away without waking my family with room service or having to leave to get coffee. Is this something anyone has done on Carnival? Has any one brought one of those electric immersion spoons that heat up beverages or are they probably prohibited?

Hmmmm....couldn't you just order coffee from room service and have fresh, hot coffee? That's what I do.

Go back and re-read what the OP wrote. (highlighted in red)

On my last cruise (Disney), I was able to order a carafe of coffee late at night and then leave it and it would still be fairly hot in the am so that I could have a cup of coffee right away without waking my family with room service or having to leave to get coffee. Is this something anyone has done on Carnival? Has any one brought one of those electric immersion spoons that heat up beverages or are they probably prohibited?

I don't know how long coffee will stay hot in the carafe. Immersion spoons or anything with a heating element are prohibited, so there's a good chance that if you brought one, it might get confiscated. I have read that some will bring a thermos and somehow fill it in the evening for hot coffee the next morning. Maybe you'd need a funnel so that you could pour the coffee into a thermos a cup at a time.

My experience with the coffee from room service is that it's barely hot when I get it delivered in the morning so I definitely do not think it will stay warm overnight. I would recommend what others have said and get some the night before from the Lido and keep warm in a thermos.

My experience with the coffee from room service is that it's barely hot when I get it delivered in the morning so I definitely do not think it will stay warm overnight. I would recommend what others have said and get some the night before from the Lido and keep warm in a thermos.

Either thermos or insulated travel cup but not as hot as i like to have it

You would need to order before 10pm to have it be free. It would probably still be warm in the morning.

No, it will not be warm in the morning. As others are saying the carafes they use are not glass lined and not designed to hold hot coffee hot for long periods. I wish they were.

Some hotel room service departments have downgraded their carafes as well because guests put the thermoses in their luggage :mad:

I would be happy to bring you fresh, hot coffee, on demand, 24/7 if you will pay my cruise fare.

Thank you all for your comments. I think the thermos idea is my best best or trying to sneak the immersion spoon on, but don't think I want to do that.

It's best to not go on cruise ships trying to bring prohibited fire hazard items on board.

while we did room service continental breakfast on the balcony, I run up to the Lido and fill our thermoses with hot coffee, takes 5 minutes. The room service coffee is never hot enough and we find the Lido coffee better